Universal Need for Speed™ Most Wanted - (by EA) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    Here's a trick I have found to save money on mods. If you are nearing the finish line an don't have the time or place you want, pause and restart the game. It will let you go through the whole race ith all your mods, and you won't have to rebuy them. However, you must remember to restart BEFORE you cross the finish line, or else his won't work.

2. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    It's shared across devices if your logged in to the same origin account on each device.
    You have to logged in to origin for it to work.
    I've unlocked all the cars on the iPad and played only a little on the iPhone but all the cars are unlocked on iPhone because of the sp transfer.

3. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Yeah, I've done that often, but as my eyes are glued to the road, I often find it hard to keep track of the seconds left on the right side of the screen and the meters left on the left side.. :)

They could have made a better system.. It's really hard to keep track of how much time one have left, when it can jump several seconds ahead if you scrape a wall or two.. It's a stupid, and unnecessary complicated system.

As a result, I finish most races (Hot Rides), very sudden, before reaching the goal, believing I had enough time left to reach it..

But thanks for the suggestion. Appreciate it. :)

4. KushyKush

KushyKush Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Anyone know if they ever plan on GameCenter integration? I'm so tired of these third-party deals at this point since it entails adding all new friends and all that nonsense.

5. Dan't Ponic

Dan't Ponic Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Antarctica
    #565 Dan't Ponic, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
    YES! I have done it too!

6. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    #566 GregB, Nov 5, 2012
    I'm with you on this. I've competed the Hot Ride events I've come to, but some only after many retries. It's the kind of thing where the beta testers do many times and they and the devs lose sight of the difficulty. I suggest Hot Ride difficulty be tuned down a bit.

7. Decaf Table

Decaf Table Member

Sep 28, 2012
    I think the game is well balanced and fun up until I started entering these "hot ride" events. I've spent hours and many frustrating moments on these! Why are they ten times harder then all the other races? I'm not even kidding, you have to be almost perfect to get the gold. You can't touch anything and have to use mods. Ugh I hate these

8. makitango

makitango Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2011
    This game is like picking only the most pretty girl... neither does it feel like a true NFS to me, nor is it well designed for the respective device. And here's why:

1. World
    When there's a big name like EA behind a title, I expect them to understand their own products. Most Wanted was THE posterboy of the NFS series for an open world scenario, and even though they succeeded with that on the PSV, iOS users who were really looking forward to this are left behind big time.

2. IAP
    IAP is neither good or bad, but developers (or, let's better say publishers) can use it or exploit users with it anyway they like. NFS:MW is one die-hard IAP lovefest, and I don't think anyone likes that. Charge me with a decent price, and leave the consumable DLCs where they belong - outta my phone.

3. iCloud
    Non-existent. In an Apple world of messed up iOS updates recommending us to clean-reinstall our devices when the update halfway failed, or by having multiple devices, we would expect more from a big name.

4. Origin
    Keep this stuff off iOS, we have Game Center. Btw, no support here either.

5. App
    A)This is RR2 with loads of EA branding above it, and it looks ugly. The graphics are neat, of course, but that doesn't make a game beautiful. One should consider that the RR2 engine is what makes it beautiful, the rest of it (textures, compositition, actual level design and so on) is not really noteworthy.

B)The design of the app icon is such a big fail, it hurts my eye. One does not simply put an app name in the already smallish icon, nor the sub name, nor the publisher, nor a miniature screenshot plus this pre-201x frames. EA did it before, they could at least have done it again:
    [​IMG]

9. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I must say I heartily disagree, but to each his own.

10. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Are you really complaining about that

11. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Vote for your favorite GOTW !!!

[thread=119439][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=163717][​IMG][/thread] [thread=163443][​IMG][/thread] [thread=163111][​IMG][/thread] [thread=163728][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=163714][​IMG][/thread] [thread=163775][​IMG][/thread] [thread=163413][​IMG][/thread] [thread=163720][​IMG][/thread] [thread=164155][​IMG][/thread]

Click on above icons
    to discover more about the games!

[size=+3]NEED FOR SPEED MOST WANTED[/size]
    is a nominee for
    [size=+2]Touch Arcade Game of the Week
    31/10/2012
    [/size]

Do you like to outrun cops, outsmart rivals, and outdrive your friends?

[size=+3][thread=164002]VOTE HERE[/thread][/size]
    - Devs cannot vote for their own games -

Poll close
    11-07-2012 at 06:32 PM

12. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #572 Rip73, Nov 5, 2012
    Of course to your opinion, (don't confuse this with knocking your opinion, its not) but

1. World.
    Making it open world is simply not possible on the devices. I'm sure many will now say that iPhone 5/iPad 4 are more than capable, and maybe they are, but in that case the rest of iOS gamers with older devices would be going a bit nutty.
    Plus the game is in development quite a while so its only natural that they had a top end target and a low end target device. And the low end device definitely excluded the possibility of open world. Even the radial motion blur is only possible on the iPhone 5 so how could they possibly make the whole game open world.

2. IAP.
    Iap is in no way necessary to complete the game. Yes, there is iap in it but again that's the norm on the App Store. The amount of surveys and data I've read in relation to the App Store and iap means that a large amount of buyers want the iap for shortcuts to get the highest gear straight away without having to work for it. It's a bit of a disappointing statistic to read but even when I've seen feedback on beta test games without iap, the biggest request back is to put it in because people don't want to grind and want instant ways to unlock.

In relation to them being consumable, well, the iap is designed to buys cars which are not consumable. The highest price for a mod is 8000 in the later races which have a minimum of 30,000 for bronze, so I'd not really think that can be called a consumable. Someone is hardly likely to buy 1 million dollars iap option just to get mods, they are more likely just to do a previous race. Or at least that's what they should do. And being low on cash for mods is not a problem I've hit at any stage in the game.

And surely its okay for game design to make you work for rewards rather than just give them to you easily straight away. What would be the point in playing a too easy game? There would be no satisfaction in it.

Point in case. The races that are difficult in this are the hot ride races. Many have mentioned their difficulty but then post about beating them and their satisfaction and pride is obvious (and justified) and I'd rather have that sense of satisfaction than just buying my way to victory.

3. iCloud.
    iCloud is notoriously unreliable and actually quite difficult to code in at times. The number of people in the IB thread that have lost their progress through a bad iCloud sync seems to be pretty high.
    Of course, at the same time, it would be nice to have a reliable iCloud sync but reliable is the key word. Something along the lines of what RR2 has would be nice as that has never let me down.

4. Origin.
    The reason it's origin as opposed to gamecenter is because there is a much larger NFS ecosystem out there. People are likely to play on console, vita and iOS and would probably want sp for all to sync and that isn't possible with gamecenter.

5. App.
    The app icon follows the branding of the game from other platforms. Branding has to consistent across mediums, otherwise its not branding.

In relation to the games look and feel. Well there isn't much to say to that really other than the graphics, effects, environment, controls, physics, textures and modelling all look fantastic to me (and most others) so I guess beauty is really in the eye of the beholder.

RR2 (and RR3) and this do not use the same engine by the way. It's all it's own original assets and coding. So it's not a remodelled RR2.

Of course, this is still only my opinion as well, so both of us are correct in our respective ways. I simply can't agree with yours.
    I accept that there are some things about the game that people would change of course, but in the context of the platform and the games purpose, I think it's brilliant and is massive fun, so I'm happy.

Edit. Sorry for the length of the post.

13. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    *likes*

14. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    I think I got bronze for all my hot rides first time round. But yeah, for gold, you need to try many times (be totally perfect), and in most cases use mods. And that too just get gold by a small whisker.

I don't think its too hard...after all you only need a bronze to keep progressing. Making the gold elusive at least makes you work hard and aim for perfection.

15. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #575 JBRUU, Nov 5, 2012
    I would have loved an open world personally, but it doesn't make sense in every way that matters.

To make the game open world would essentially porting the console game to iOS. Problem is the vita version is selling or $40 I believe while the console is $60. The app is $7. This would obviously result in iOS sale cannibalizing console ones.

Again as Rip said the game was already in development as another title, wouldn't make sense to change all that.

Also, think of the massive filesize and apple's 2gb limit. Add to that the different models and textures for different devices and retina graphics and you have a behemoth of a fileisize for a mobile device.

Finally, while an open world port is feasible on newer devices with the A6 line chipset and a dumbed down one for A5X, the majority of the install base is in lower spec devices, not to mention the fact that apple doesn't have a way to eliminate support like that. Essentially you are criticizing the game's platform, device tree and simple economics instead of the game itself.

16. netsyd

netsyd Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Sys Admin
    Colorado
    Sorry - forgot to come back and follow up on this thread. I got the game early for review from EA on a Galaxy S3 which is why I was playing it before it was available. Yes, EA supplied the device (and yes I have to return it).

17. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    That's a bummer.
    The having to return it part that is.
    Getting it for review on a galaxy s3 is cool though.

18. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Freezes on my iPod touch 4th gen.

19. underage17

underage17 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    I had this weird glitch yesterday where for some reason, my SP jumped to 900k for 5 minutes then came back to 400k. Idk why that happened but right now, all cars are unlocked, including the Veyron. Im not gonna grind or anything for it, but the fact that it's unlocked makes me happy, haha
    I'd upload a screenshot, but the TA app for iOS doesn't seem to have that option

Anyone else face this?

20. theLorax

theLorax Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    I officially proclaim this game the 5th gen iPod Touch and iPhone 5's killer app

[​IMG]

Damn good looking game.