Recommend racing game with ghost racing?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by michaelant, Jul 18, 2013.

1. michaelant

michaelant New Member

Jul 18, 2013
    I've been having a lot of fun playing Real Racing 3 with a friend who has limited time and can usually just pop in and race a couple at random moments. Then I can play against him with their "time-shifted multiplayer" whenever I get the chance later. However, I find these time-shifted AI cars pretty boring to race against, with nowhere near the variety and unpredictability you get racing real opponents.

So I wonder if anyone has suggestions of a different game that will allow me to race a ghost of my friend's races?

RR3 recently added racing against ghosts, but there are two big problems with their implementation. 1)The ghost you race against is your OWN ghost 2)Ghost races are only one lap - I'd like to race a ghost of my friend for normal amount of laps, to mimic an actual race, not a time trial.

Anyone have any favorites that allow ghost racing? Certainly doesn't need to be freemium. In fact, paid up front is preferred. Racing online in real time won't help me either. I do actually need the asynchronous competition, just with ghosts, and not the bland roboto-AI cars RR3 provides.

Thanks guys!

2. nojviad

nojviad Well-Known Member

May 28, 2013
    You may wanna try Ghost Racer or VS Racing 2 :)

3. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    I would wait and grab Asphalt 8 when it is out. It has both own ghost and friends ghost and AI.

4. michaelant

michaelant New Member

Jul 18, 2013
    Great! I will check these out.

5. michaelant

michaelant New Member

Jul 18, 2013
    Nice! That sounds pretty awesome. I'll research that one.

6. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Delta-V, coming next week, has racing against the ghost of your Game Center friends.