iPhone Magicka – Wizards of the Square Tablet (By Ludosity)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Jan 31, 2013.

1. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

"The gameplay won't change too much though, as players will still have access to the seven spell elements at the press of a finger to combine spells in effective and unintentionally hilarious ways.

It will also support co-operative play for up to four players, which is cross-platform compatible so that iOS and Android users can play together.

Magicka: Wizards of the Square Tablet was not given an exact release date, though it is expected to arrive in the coming weeks."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a455424/magicka-wizards-of-the-square-tablet-coming-to-ipad-and-android.html

[​IMG]

2. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I admit I would have preferred a port of the original one, but it seems like a CO OP Battleheart/Castle Crasher so it could turn up good.

3. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #4 Ayjona, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
    A game (possibly, or likely) inspired by an iPhone classic, but only for tablets? Curious.

And perhaps a wasted opportunity. Seems like the game would be an excellent fit for the smaller screen as well.

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Agreed; since hypothetically this seems suitable for smaller screens I wonder if the source article is using the term "iPad" to indicate a large screen personal preference for an otherwise Universal build.

5. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Undeadcow, are you like the sole survivor of Killercow's attack? :confused:

Or are you just the one cow that cannot be killed by the killer of cows? :confused:

6. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    ...Great minds think alike... by that I mean I won't comment on the unspecified relationship or lack thereof between my user name and killercow's due to matters of a classified nature.

7. killercow

Yeah let's not get into that, they wouldn't understand our "relationship"...

:D:D:D

8. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    It'd probably make as much sense to them as a game like Magicka being an iPad exclusive.

9. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I think I'm going to now refer to Killercow as The Failed Assassin and Undeadcow as The Survivor.

Oh, this is a thread about Magicka. Forgot.

So how different is this supposed to be from the PC game?

10. killercow

Well it's a sidescroller now with a focus on 4 players coop. You still mix and match spells but it's done in a very streamlined way. You can catch a glimpse of gameplay on the trailer at the bottom of page 1.

11. RPG-lover

RPG-lover Member

Feb 12, 2013
  12. BoneyCork

BoneyCork Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2011
    What happened to this?

Date was changed to 28th but hasn't shown up in NZ App Store....yet?