★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Deirdra Kiai
  • Genre: Music
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 57.8 MB
  • Version: 1.0.0
  • Price: $4.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: A unique and offbeat stop motion musical detective adventure game about gender and the economy.

Featuring:
- A minimalist point-and-tap interface!
- Artwork made of clay, cardboard, and love!
- A soundtrack of wacky brass music!
- A cast of odd characters who aren't quite who they seem!
- People frequently bursting into song!
04-01-2013, 01:40 PM
My mini-review:

Very charming and innovative, nice stop-motion animations, amusing voice acting. However, it is much too short and the puzzles are far too easy.

I backed the IndieGoGo campaign the developer used to fund this, and I don't regret that at all, but I consider this a good experiment rather than a good game.

04-01-2013, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by someperson View Post
My mini-review:

Very charming and innovative, nice stop-motion animations, amusing voice acting. However, it is much too short and the puzzles are far too easy.

I backed the IndieGoGo campaign the developer used to fund this, and I don't regret that at all, but I consider this a good experiment rather than a good game.
Thanks for your input. Was actually gonna go ahead and buy it but you convinced me otherwise. You got any suggestions for actual challenging indie adventure games?
04-01-2013, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemerleb View Post
Thanks for your input. Was actually gonna go ahead and buy it but you convinced me otherwise. You got any suggestions for actual challenging indie adventure games?
Machinarium is an absolute joy if you haven't played it. I'm racking my brain trying to think of others... However Broken Sword is on iPad, which is neither indie nor recent at all, but it's an incredible adventure game. Monkey island, too. I'll update if I can think of more indies.
04-02-2013, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Will try Broken Sword and Machinarium since I already own all of the Monkey Island releases ^^
01-08-2014, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemerleb View Post
Year Walk.
01-08-2014, 08:21 AM
By the way, this game is finalist in 4 categories on IGF 2014.