Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #181  
Old 03-05-2013, 01:07 PM
syntheticvoid syntheticvoid is offline
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 12,964
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Sorry to revive this thread, but is there any chance this is going to get iPhone 5 widescreen support?
Guess this is a no...? Or... the app has been abandoned...?
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 03-05-2013, 01:54 PM
C.Hannum C.Hannum is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Guess this is a no...? Or... the app has been abandoned...?
Not sure it's abandoned officially, but, functionally, yes, that appears to be the case. The last time they mentioned the game on their twitter was last July and other than some Facebook posts from January where they mentioned awards and accolades the game had gotten for 2012, no other activity related to the game after last October.

And with only a single minor bugfix update last April, I'd say it's clear this was a fire and forget project for them.
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 03-05-2013, 01:56 PM
syntheticvoid syntheticvoid is offline
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 12,964
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
Not sure it's abandoned officially, but, functionally, yes, that appears to be the case. The last time they mentioned the game on their twitter was last July and other than some Facebook posts from January where they mentioned awards and accolades the game had gotten for 2012, no other activity related to the game after last October.

And with only a single minor bugfix update last April, I'd say it's clear this was a fire and forget project for them.
Thanks for the info.... I really need to start getting onto Twitter and FB more.
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 03-05-2013, 02:10 PM
C.Hannum C.Hannum is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Thanks for the info.... I really need to start getting onto Twitter and FB more.
Their Facebook page like count probably explains a lot: 132.

To put that in perspective, Temple Run 2's FB has over 7.5 million likes, a mixed bag of a quasi indie casual game like MinoMonsters has nearly 17,000 likes, and Hatch, a game that isn't out and doesn't even have a soft release date, has just shy of 2000 likes.

For a game that's been out for a year now, 132 FB followers is essentially completely unknown and unrecognized by the masses. Shame, because the game did show promise and the devs were really talking it up initially, but if they're not going to follow through (looks like they mainly do ultra casual games that we don't even ever hear of on TA), they get what they get.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent