Universal Infinity Blade II - (by Chair Entertainment Group, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JeNeI, Nov 30, 2011.

1. ipodtouch3g

ipodtouch3g Member

Feb 7, 2011
    it runs reaally lagy on mi ipod touch 3 :S

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    was afraid of that... worried it'll run like crap on my 4th gen touch... stupid low RAM... :mad::mad::mad:

3. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Did you reboot your device?

Only the opening scene lagged for me. (as you could see in the video)

4. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Thanks for the videos guys! good to see it still looks good on the A4. But I couldn't help but notice that you guys are still running iOS4. Apparently iOS5 is supposed to help performance, can anyone confirm that? I want to know if I should upgrade.

5. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    What does exhausted & exhausted dodge-break mean?

6. Der-Kleine

In Infinity Blade 2 you can't dodge as much as you like. You become exausted. (Because dodging was overused in IB 1). You get to dodge 3 times until you have to pause with the dodging and catch your breath. You can see on the dodge buttons how many dodges you can perform at the moment.

7. SuperSah

SuperSah Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    England, UK.
    Det Keliene - Thanks for iPod footage. Still looks great! Excited eeven nore.
    What's your YouTube name? I want more iPod :3

8. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    I just posted your video on the Infinity Blade forums over at Epic's official boards, mainly because one user has logged in to report the following:

"I've been playing IB2 on my iPhone 4 with iOS 5 as well as on my iPhone 4S and the performance and graphics difference is shameful.

As I predicted all is well on my iPhone 4S but on my iPhone 4 with iOS 5 the game crashes, it hangs, forget about using the fast forward button, and the lightning bug is still there with too bright characters and too dark areas of the castle.

The game is awesome and then some but, I think, you must play it on the 4S or iPad 2 to really enjoy it. I don't own an iPad so I can't have an opinion about that ... how about you guys? have you noticed any differences? let me get back to IB2 now ...

Cheers!"

Now, from looking at your video only the opening 10/20 seconds stuttered and the game played pretty smoothly from then on in. The iPod touch has half the RAM of the iPhone 4, so I'm struggling to see how he could say that the performance is so poor, when your iPod touch 4th Gen ran it like it did in the video you posted.

Did you notice any screen feedback issues? Like if swipes took longer to register, or if pressing dodge resulted in a delay that got you hit, etc?

Thanks!

9. Der-Kleine

No, I haven't had any of those problems.

10. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Just to add to this, the amount of times you're allowed to dodge varies with your armor. So, equipping lighter armor will allow you to dodge more often without becoming exhausted. And you can dodge more than 3 times per battle, your dodges will regenerate. This only keeps you from dodging many times in quick succession.

11. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Thank you sir!

12. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

13. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Thank you also sir!

14. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    I decided to upgrade to iOS5... bad idea. IB1 is now completely unplayable, it crashes before I can get to the game.

15. Sin City

Sin City Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    I'm clamoring for this release tonight. 8pm can't come fast enough!! Thank you for posting videos to keep me enticed until then!

16. Dense

Dense Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    I can't play this on my iPad 1 (iOS 5.0.1) as it is crashing on start. I have tried a reboot and from looking at the diagnostics report, it seems it's a low memory issue. Obviously, straight after a reboot there are no apps running, indicated a fairly serious issue. Warning to those with these devices about potential issues.

17. SuperSah

SuperSah Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    England, UK.
    Possible file corruption. I say remove it and redownload or perform a hardreset.

18. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Don't know why people are saying this runs poor on iPhone 4. Look at Der-Kleines videos on an iPod Touch 4, it looks like it runs flawless and it has half the ram the iPhone 4 has...

19. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    So an early verdict here:

This is still Infinity Blade. It's much better than the first, but the game is much the same. Some items are reused, even kill animations. It looks great, of course, but that's to be expected.

Playing on an iPhone 4... I get slowdown. In cutscenes, in fights sometimes too. Very much noticeable. (restarted, etc. don't even ask)

The story so far has been actually pretty interesting, but I'll see how that turns out later on.

Now I'm off to try dual wielding. ^.^

RAM is obviously not the issue then, because I get slowdowns too.