App description: Tired of all the flappy clones? Great. Want something as addicting but more cooler? You got it!
A million players and a game with average 4 star rating can't be wrong.

Look what players are saying!!

"You have to download the game - just for the music "

"A great entertaining game!"

" Wow the superhero is SOOOO cutee"

GO 8-BIT AND START FLYING - in Retro SuperHero The Retro SuperHero is here to save the day on his crazy,adventure! Take flight and zoom through the skies at an unbelievable pace on your quest to save the world! Fly like a bird, and fall like a meteor - can you help the Retro SuperHero stay inflight?

Retro SuperHero is a young superhero... and thats why he needs your help! Tap the screen to make him fly, and maneuver around deadly obstacles that will end your magnificent flight!

COLLECT HEARTS AND POWER UPS ALONG THE WAY!
The aim of your flight is to collect as many hearts as possible - whats more, to prolong your flight, you can collect power ups and play like never before in a game that will leave your palms sweaty and your heart racing!

AVOID EXPLOSIVE TORPEDOES AND MISSILES!
Some people just dont like having fun, and thats why they are out to get the Retro SuperHero! Avoid missiles and torpedoes as they fire towards you and use your magic abilities to control your altitude... how long will you survive? Zoom off and become a hero -
02-16-2014, 12:18 PM
#11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bez View Post
On principle, I won't download any game with Flappy in the title. If you've made a decent game then let it stand on it's own.

Not interested in games which try to cash in on the success of others.
This^^

Seems ios is infested with many lazy and dubious devs who rush out more crap to cash in on the latest FotM game.

Last iOS game I bought: 6/1/15
02-16-2014, 12:21 PM
#12
Joined: Feb 1983
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 1,267,855
Just so you guys know if you want to protest Flapp-likes you shouldn't comment in the thread. Much like how downloading a game so you can leave a negative review also boosts it up the chart by one download notch, commenting in every Flapp-like thread about how you're not going to download it is what's making these games rocket up our Hot Games list.

02-16-2014, 12:27 PM
#13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
Just so you guys know if you want to protest Flapp-likes you shouldn't comment in the thread. Much like how downloading a game so you can leave a negative review also boosts it up the chart by one download notch, commenting in every Flapp-like thread about how you're not going to download it is what's making these games rocket up our Hot Games list.
But... but... how will the internet know how much I hate things if I don't constantly post about them?!
02-16-2014, 12:56 PM
#14
It's a Jetpack Joyride clone using the "Flappy" name. Not a bad game.
02-16-2014, 01:07 PM
#15
Eh, I'll just play Dragon's Skewer.
02-16-2014, 01:32 PM
#16
Joined: Feb 1983
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 1,267,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdiss View Post
But... but... how will the internet know how much I hate things if I don't constantly post about them?!
...Which is exactly why Flappy Bird stories are getting so much traffic. The organic traffic they draw from Google is insane by itself, but then add in everyone who insists on dog piling every single one with how much they hate Flappy Bird. It's like a dream come true for page views.
02-16-2014, 01:55 PM
#17
Thought Apple was blocking this crap?
02-16-2014, 02:00 PM
#18
Finally someone took Flappy Bird and add new elements to it, love when this happen. Just like when Time Surfer took Tiny Wings gameplay and add time mechanic to it which make the game much more fun.
02-16-2014, 02:49 PM
#19
This game deserves the attention it's getting.
It's a good game. Too bad the great (original) game that was released at the same time, Blockman - Lite, isn't getting nearly as much. Maybe it does pay to cut corners.

Edit: they changed it's name and the look. Weird. Wonder why? Maybe Apple's crackdown on flap-alikes is actually starting to gain some ground.

Last edited by Lazer Kat; 02-17-2014 at 08:46 AM.
02-18-2014, 09:57 AM
#20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Kat View Post
This game deserves the attention it's getting.
It's a good game. Too bad the great (original) game that was released at the same time, Blockman - Lite, isn't getting nearly as much. Maybe it does pay to cut corners.

Edit: they changed it's name and the look. Weird. Wonder why? Maybe Apple's crackdown on flap-alikes is actually starting to gain some ground.
Hmmm, yeah I snagged this before the apparent update. The old one looked like a clear rip off of a certain plumber

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 AM.