iPad The Creeps

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Mr. Crazy, Jan 12, 2010.

1. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    wow 5th level of level pack 1 (Star power I think) I got completely owned again

2. TheKrazyRussian

TheKrazyRussian Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    UPS
    CA
    Never thought i would be buying add on content and i did, each pack is well worth the buck.

3. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Thanks! :) I suspect itÂ’s an Apple issue, but will email you in case anything useful might be discovered.

4. egarayblas

egarayblas Well-Known Member

Downloading! Used to play the Creeps before whenever I get bored with Fieldrunners (after playing it for hours). Can't wait to see the new stuff--def one of the best Tower Defense games out there!

5. dtibbs

dtibbs New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    I just bought this earlier today. I was kind of sketchy about the game play from looking at the screenies, but watching the game play, and seeing the Door Buster method of play, I just had to buy it.
    I still haven't beat the full game yet, but most likely I will end up buying all 3 DLC once I finish each of them off.

Awesome game, recommended for those who have yet to buy this.

6. gnadenlos

gnadenlos Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2008
    I don't understand why Apple doesn't offer a real backup solution for application data. The iTunes Backup simply isn't enough for important data. We should be able to save single application data anytime.

7. gnadenlos

gnadenlos Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2008
    I never bought DLC before, so I have a few questions:

- Does the system provided by Apple allow you to do something like "pay 2, get 3" or is this only possible by adding a separate mega pack?

- Is it possible to buy DLC within iTunes on my PC or only on my iPhone?

- Will DLC downloaded on my iPhone be transfered to my PC, so I can do manual backups? If not, what happens if the developer removes or is forced to remove the DLC or the game? I'm a little bit scared to buy DLC for $3 with no way to do my own backup.

8. #88 RegularStormy, Jan 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
    Every time you check the global leader boards in The Creeps!, all your data is saved online. You could delete the app after that and get all your data back pretty easily. You can even get your scores and unlocked levels on a completely different iPhone just by signing in with your online profile! It's free, there are no ads, and you don't have to give any personal info. I definitely recommend it!

9. #89 RegularStormy, Jan 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
    Apple does not currently provide a way for developers to do a "pay for 2, get 3" kind of deal. I would love if they did, since they have that for buying music through iTunes. You can buy the whole album for less than buying each individual track. Right now, the only way to do that would be to make a separate "mega pack". But then you could accidentally buy a pack individually that you already have... and that would just cause trouble. I don't want people to make the mistake and then feel ripped off. If Apple makes this kind of deal possible, I would seriously consider offering it. But not until then...

Apple does not provide a way to buy DLC for a game outside of the game itself. That's why they call it "In App Purchase" I suppose, because you can only do it from within the app. This is frustrating to me also, because it means I can't get promo codes for DLC. Again, I agree it would be nice, but Apple hasn't made it possible yet.

Honestly, I'm not sure if iTunes backs up your local save data and DLC. I'm guessing yes, but I don't know for sure. Even if it doesn't, you can re-purchase "non-consumable" DLC for free. The level packs in The Creeps! are non-consumable, meaning after you buy it once you can re-download it for free forever.

I hope that helps :)

10. Mr. Crazy

Mr. Crazy Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    @The dev, are you planning on adding more DLC levels?

11. KGameLover1

KGameLover1 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    I hope so. :)

12. TommyBoy

TommyBoy Member

Dec 24, 2008
    #92 TommyBoy, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
    @RegularStormy

Nice video... but why are there pygmies from Pocket God in there?!? And did I see the doodle guy from Doodle Jump? Are you allowed to just use other people's art like that???

13. wootbean

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    level pack 3 on hard is easier than level pack 1 on normal
    hmph.
    except the last one in level pack 3. the last waves in the dinosaur levels always make me lose all 10 lives

14. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    He had permission... xD They kinda used each others characters. if you change your name to Creeps in Doodle Jump, the monsters change to the monsters from The Creeps.

15. TommyBoy

TommyBoy Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Oh wow, I totally missed that. That's actually really cool :D

16. TripleA

TripleA New Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Austin, Texas
    Isn't level pack #3 SUPPOSED to be easier than level pack #1?

17. wootbean

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    well yeah, but I was surprised at how easy it felt after doing the level pack 1 levels.
    like even at the last 2-3 waves the creeps barely make it out of the door before being slaughtered by my paper shurikens, even bosses never make it close to the bed
    not complaining though really :p got me some gold stars

18. Version 1.4.2 has been submitted to Apple. It has a free bonus dinosaur level in it as well as a high score board for number of gold stars. The bonus level is a unique original level (not one that's already in a level pack) and it's hard. I mean really freaking hard! I think it's as hard or harder than any level in pack #1 :D

19. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Was it the impossible one we tested ;).

20. If there is demand for it I would certainly consider it.