Warning about using inmobi app publish portal

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by kmonkey, Mar 6, 2014.

1. kmonkey

kmonkey Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Developer
    I decided to submit Dungeon Nightmares to Wandoujia via the inmobi App Publish portal and only just found out that the paid for app was published for free. Many lost sales over the month it was there (and it is still there).

All I got from inmobi was an apology and that they will request to get it taken down. Surely they should take some blame as it is their service which should be trusted in the first place!

If any devs are using this service, please check up on your submissions to Wandoujia (not sure on other stores).

2. kmonkey

Feb 1, 2013
    Developer
    Update: inmobi have since contacted me to fix this problem and they sorted it out in a timely fashion. Hopefully no more problems after this one :)

3. phongtt

phongtt Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2012
    By App Publish you mean their service that help distribute Android apps/games to 3rd party stores, right?

So according to your experience, it's not worth it?

4. kmonkey

Feb 1, 2013
    Developer
    Yep that right. Its the service that puts your app on 3rd party stores.

Personally, I will not use it for my next game but the problem I had has been fixed and the store in question is only for Free apps now I believe.

5. originalcopy

originalcopy Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Which 3rd party stores do they upload to? Android store?

6. kmonkey

Feb 1, 2013
    Developer
    yep a long list of android stores. I thought this would be a smart way of getting on chinese stores and to stop the amount of piracy my game has been getting

7. originalcopy

Sep 10, 2009
    Do you have that list of android stores? I would like to submit my apps to them. :D Or is it a secret? Cant you submit to each store yourself?

8. kmonkey

Feb 1, 2013
    Developer
    far too many stores! you can just sign up at inmobi.com and see the list. However, a lot of them are "premium" and not available from day one until you earn some credit

9. originalcopy

Sep 10, 2009
    Can't developers just go straight to the stores and upload directly, without needing them?

10. kmonkey

Feb 1, 2013
    Developer
    Sure but not all appstores will be in english :D

11. fernanda

fernanda New Member

May 5, 2014
    InMobi Account Help

Hey guys,

I work at a company called Apptopia. We're looking to better our services for our users by adding ad network analytics into our analytics services and dashboard. In order to do that we need access to InMobi accounts.

If you can help us and you want to try our services we'd be happy to give you a complimentary listing, or we can give you an Amazon gift card in exchange.

Email me ASAP at fernanda at apptopia dot com