Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #111  
Old 09-13-2014, 11:33 AM
Nullzone Nullzone is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Europe, CET
Posts: 740
Default

Ouch, I just hit a complete gamebreaker:
I cannot get the Shanghai mission again. Neither Erica in Gemini nor Yamada in New Kyoto activate dialogue.
Closing/restarting the game did not help either.
If you need anything, like device details or my savegame, let me know.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 09-13-2014, 11:36 AM
AH_Phan AH_Phan is offline
Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullzone View Post
Ouch, I just hit a complete gamebreaker:
I cannot get the Shanghai mission again. Neither Erica in Gemini nor Yamada in New Kyoto activate dialogue.
Closing/restarting the game did not help either.
If you need anything, like device details or my savegame, let me know.
If you re-enter Shanghai it will restart the mission.

The latter mission behave that way as to save you the trouble of talking AGAIN if you failed it once.

So if you died or run and jump out mid-mission (the mission objective should have updated to tell you to "Re-enter Shanghai to continue" when that happens), just jump back in to retry.

That's it for me tonight (nearly 3AM here), I'll check tomorrow if anyone else need some help or just ask me anything.

Last edited by AH_Phan; 09-13-2014 at 11:44 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 09-13-2014, 11:55 AM
Nullzone Nullzone is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Europe, CET
Posts: 740
Default

No worries, I really appreciate that you reply in the middle of the night.
I will try just returning to Shanghai, and report back if it works.
Didn't think about trying that as I got a "you died, return to Yamada in New Kyoto" message; and Shanghai no longer showed as active mission after dying.
No objective update to "re-enter Shanghai" here
Might be worth changing that and make it more clear to the player.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 09-13-2014, 12:31 PM
Nullzone Nullzone is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Europe, CET
Posts: 740
Default

Yes, just returning to Shanghai worked., mission resumed.
And argh! Died again...
First try I won quite easily, even with all allies buying the farm. After the "mission succeeded" message I jumped out, and got the "proceed to Shanghai" message only AFTER I was back in Troy.
Okay, back to Shanghai, after all I won already, right? Nope, I have to do it all again, and promptly died about 2/3 through the fight. With no clear idea what I did wrong this time, as I followed the same tactic as on try one.

Last edited by Nullzone; 09-13-2014 at 08:12 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 09-13-2014, 07:00 PM
AH_Phan AH_Phan is offline
Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullzone View Post
Yes, just returning to Shanghai worked., mission resumed.
And argh! Died again...
First try I won quite easily, even with all allies buying the farm. After the "mission succeeded" mesage I jumped out, and got the "proceed to Shanghai" message only AFTER I was back in Troy.
Okay, back to Shanghai, after all I won already, right? Nope, I have to do it all again, and promptly died about 2/3 through the fight. With no clear idea what I did wrong this time, as I followed the same tactic as on try one.
If you die in Shanghai mission, this is the exact mission objective text update (I'm looking at the code now): ""Proceed to Shanghai to continue.""

You beat that fleet, you had to go to the pirate base and talk to Kikyo (rescue her) BEFORE you jump out, otherwise the mission isn't complete.

The objective actually updates you to proceed to the waypoint after the fleet is destroyed. The text is like so:

"Mission Success: Rescue Kikyo Yamada at the Space Tiger HQ." - After you rescue/talk to her, she gives you the repaired data crystal!

Oh gawd why you jump out before completing it... are my mission objective text that unclear? :/

Last edited by AH_Phan; 09-13-2014 at 07:04 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 09-14-2014, 04:19 AM
Angmodurian Angmodurian is offline
Junior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH_Phan View Post
If you die in Shanghai mission, this is the exact mission objective text update (I'm looking at the code now): ""Proceed to Shanghai to continue.""

You beat that fleet, you had to go to the pirate base and talk to Kikyo (rescue her) BEFORE you jump out, otherwise the mission isn't complete.

The objective actually updates you to proceed to the waypoint after the fleet is destroyed. The text is like so:

"Mission Success: Rescue Kikyo Yamada at the Space Tiger HQ." - After you rescue/talk to her, she gives you the repaired data crystal!

Oh gawd why you jump out before completing it... are my mission objective text that unclear? :/
Tried playing again & amassed 1.5 mil credit being a pirate but main mission cant progress when prompted to meet kikyo yamada at new kyoto. Upon arriving at new kyoto mission point with ! no conversation appears.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 09-14-2014, 06:26 AM
AH_Phan AH_Phan is offline
Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angmodurian View Post
Tried playing again & amassed 1.5 mil credit being a pirate but main mission cant progress when prompted to meet kikyo yamada at new kyoto. Upon arriving at new kyoto mission point with ! no conversation appears.
Which mission are you up to?

Also note that in most situations, Yamada forces treat pirates as an enemy and thus Kikyo would be unable to meet you officially.

You'll have to return on the "good guy" path, there's a Hacker NPC in Saigon you can talk to who can reset your faction standing.

ps. Being a pirate is extremely lucrative. Easy contra runs & easy merchant kills. This is why I always encourage players to try and find means to make a lot of credits, its available for you if you explore. Play as if there's no credit cheat IAP and don't even consider it unless you are rich and have zero patience.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent