Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-13-2014, 11:33 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Ouch, I just hit a complete gamebreaker:
I cannot get the Shanghai mission again. Neither Erica in Gemini nor Yamada in New Kyoto activate dialogue.
Closing/restarting the game did not help either.
If you need anything, like device details or my savegame, let me know.
Old 09-13-2014, 11:36 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullzone View Post
Ouch, I just hit a complete gamebreaker:
I cannot get the Shanghai mission again. Neither Erica in Gemini nor Yamada in New Kyoto activate dialogue.
Closing/restarting the game did not help either.
If you need anything, like device details or my savegame, let me know.
If you re-enter Shanghai it will restart the mission.

The latter mission behave that way as to save you the trouble of talking AGAIN if you failed it once.

So if you died or run and jump out mid-mission (the mission objective should have updated to tell you to "Re-enter Shanghai to continue" when that happens), just jump back in to retry.

That's it for me tonight (nearly 3AM here), I'll check tomorrow if anyone else need some help or just ask me anything.

Last edited by AH_Phan; 09-13-2014 at 11:44 AM..
Old 09-13-2014, 11:55 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

No worries, I really appreciate that you reply in the middle of the night.
I will try just returning to Shanghai, and report back if it works.
Didn't think about trying that as I got a "you died, return to Yamada in New Kyoto" message; and Shanghai no longer showed as active mission after dying.
No objective update to "re-enter Shanghai" here
Might be worth changing that and make it more clear to the player.
Old 09-13-2014, 12:31 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Yes, just returning to Shanghai worked., mission resumed.
And argh! Died again...
First try I won quite easily, even with all allies buying the farm. After the "mission succeeded" message I jumped out, and got the "proceed to Shanghai" message only AFTER I was back in Troy.
Okay, back to Shanghai, after all I won already, right? Nope, I have to do it all again, and promptly died about 2/3 through the fight. With no clear idea what I did wrong this time, as I followed the same tactic as on try one.

Last edited by Nullzone; 09-13-2014 at 08:12 PM..
Old 09-13-2014, 07:00 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullzone View Post
Yes, just returning to Shanghai worked., mission resumed.
And argh! Died again...
First try I won quite easily, even with all allies buying the farm. After the "mission succeeded" mesage I jumped out, and got the "proceed to Shanghai" message only AFTER I was back in Troy.
Okay, back to Shanghai, after all I won already, right? Nope, I have to do it all again, and promptly died about 2/3 through the fight. With no clear idea what I did wrong this time, as I followed the same tactic as on try one.
If you die in Shanghai mission, this is the exact mission objective text update (I'm looking at the code now): ""Proceed to Shanghai to continue.""

You beat that fleet, you had to go to the pirate base and talk to Kikyo (rescue her) BEFORE you jump out, otherwise the mission isn't complete.

The objective actually updates you to proceed to the waypoint after the fleet is destroyed. The text is like so:

"Mission Success: Rescue Kikyo Yamada at the Space Tiger HQ." - After you rescue/talk to her, she gives you the repaired data crystal!

Oh gawd why you jump out before completing it... are my mission objective text that unclear? :/

Last edited by AH_Phan; 09-13-2014 at 07:04 PM..
Old 09-14-2014, 04:19 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH_Phan View Post
If you die in Shanghai mission, this is the exact mission objective text update (I'm looking at the code now): ""Proceed to Shanghai to continue.""

You beat that fleet, you had to go to the pirate base and talk to Kikyo (rescue her) BEFORE you jump out, otherwise the mission isn't complete.

The objective actually updates you to proceed to the waypoint after the fleet is destroyed. The text is like so:

"Mission Success: Rescue Kikyo Yamada at the Space Tiger HQ." - After you rescue/talk to her, she gives you the repaired data crystal!

Oh gawd why you jump out before completing it... are my mission objective text that unclear? :/
Tried playing again & amassed 1.5 mil credit being a pirate but main mission cant progress when prompted to meet kikyo yamada at new kyoto. Upon arriving at new kyoto mission point with ! no conversation appears.
Old 09-14-2014, 06:26 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angmodurian View Post
Tried playing again & amassed 1.5 mil credit being a pirate but main mission cant progress when prompted to meet kikyo yamada at new kyoto. Upon arriving at new kyoto mission point with ! no conversation appears.
Which mission are you up to?

Also note that in most situations, Yamada forces treat pirates as an enemy and thus Kikyo would be unable to meet you officially.

You'll have to return on the "good guy" path, there's a Hacker NPC in Saigon you can talk to who can reset your faction standing.

ps. Being a pirate is extremely lucrative. Easy contra runs & easy merchant kills. This is why I always encourage players to try and find means to make a lot of credits, its available for you if you explore. Play as if there's no credit cheat IAP and don't even consider it unless you are rich and have zero patience.