I wondered the same thing and I won't update it for now
Same here
Old 05-16-2014, 07:29 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Ill toftt and update it, brb.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:38 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Seems ok so far.
I'll played a feel levels and haven't seen any ads, nor can I see anywhere to disable them but there is a restore purchases button. there is an iap to hire the eagle though that's shown on every death screen. I'll play a bit more if let you know if ads appear.

I made sure I had the older copy backed up just in case lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (142.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-16-2014, 11:00 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
Seems ok so far.
I'll played a feel levels and haven't seen any ads, nor can I see anywhere to disable them but there is a restore purchases button. there is an iap to hire the eagle though that's shown on every death screen. I'll play a bit more if let you know if ads appear.

I made sure I had the older copy backed up just in case lol.
Good move on backing it up, and thanks for toftt
Old 05-17-2014, 08:55 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

If a save file is detected from an earlier paid version there will not be any ads showing. New players downloading the free version will have the option to purchase Remove ads to have them disabled.

We really would prefer to not have to go free with ads and IAP, but there hasn't been enough sales to cover our costs so we have to do it like this.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:43 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebit_Jens View Post
If a save file is detected from an earlier paid version there will not be any ads showing. New players downloading the free version will have the option to purchase Remove ads to have them disabled.

We really would prefer to not have to go free with ads and IAP, but there hasn't been enough sales to cover our costs so we have to do it like this.
Does that mean if someone has paid for the game and uninstalled (which I'm assuming removes the save file) for whatever reason and then reinstalls they will have ads? Will they have to pay again to remove them? If that's the case it's a bit unfair. Would releasing a separate ad supported version not have been an option or is it. To as simple as it sounds.

I can see it from both sides and it's sad that this is happening more and more, and the people getting stung are devs and those who paid in the first place, they often end up paying more than those who wait for stuff to go free so can understand why they get angry but then the devs need to make money and many arnt even breaking even so they have to go those route which makes the initial buyers not trust them when future games are released and they don't buy it and the whole thing starts again.

I'm truly sorry your sales didn't go well and I hope that you don't get too much stick. You seem like nice devs and it's a shame that you had to go down this road.
Old 05-17-2014, 11:58 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
Does that mean if someone has paid for the game and uninstalled (which I'm assuming removes the save file) for whatever reason and then reinstalls they will have ads? Will they have to pay again to remove them? If that's the case it's a bit unfair. Would releasing a separate ad supported version not have been an option or is it. To as simple as it sounds.

I can see it from both sides and it's sad that this is happening more and more, and the people getting stung are devs and those who paid in the first place, they often end up paying more than those who wait for stuff to go free so can understand why they get angry but then the devs need to make money and many arnt even breaking even so they have to go those route which makes the initial buyers not trust them when future games are released and they don't buy it and the whole thing starts again.

I'm truly sorry your sales didn't go well and I hope that you don't get too much stick. You seem like nice devs and it's a shame that you had to go down this road.
That's correct that the save file will be removed. If that happens please PM me here and I will fix that for you and anyone else that this happens to.

We have tried to make the ads showing as unintrusive as possible and we feel that the real change is the possibility to purchase the eagle as a help to continue when you fail on a level outside the high score tower.

We really want to be able to continue to improve Ninja Newton and we made this move to be able to do that before moving on to other games.