Killer Pool - iPhone 4 update submitted

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sauce Digital, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Sauce Digital

Sauce Digital Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    #1 Sauce Digital, Aug 11, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
    Hi Everyone

I have submitted a free update for Killer Pool (and Killer Pool Lite) that targets the iPhone 4.

The main improvements when played on an iPhone 4 include:

* Retina display enhancement - the game renders at 960x640 for double the pixels and sharpness.
    * Rendering using a increased polygon count and texture sizes for higher detail in the models.
    * Most effectively, due to the increases hardware power, Killer Pool on an iPhone 4 implements polygon smoothing - so that jagged 3D edges (visible even on the retina display) are smoothed and anti-aliased.

And for all non iPhone 4 users, there is the added feature of being able to change the speed of the table and the time it take balls to come to rest.

Thanks

Morgan
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    #2 bigrand1, Aug 11, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
    I have a copy of this game. Are the graphics going to be improved for my ipod touch that's been upgraded to the OS4? Or only if I have the new iphone 4? This is my favorite pool game, and to see an improvement like that would be great!!!

3. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    You guys are churning out the games!

4. Sauce Digital

Dec 30, 2008
    #4 Sauce Digital, Aug 12, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
    Unfortunately the graphic improvements make use of the iPhone 4's increased firepower. Ive tried the updates on my touch, and the frame rate dropped too much for my liking. However, i guess thats a matter of taste, so perhaps i could include it as a setting in an update.

5. Sauce Digital

Dec 30, 2008
    Its actually just me (and Mel designing for Space Balls). So maybe that makes somethings quicker!

6. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    That is very impressive mate. Good on you!

7. Sauce Digital

Dec 30, 2008
    Thanks mate, it's hard work keeping the sales up with so many games out there now. Great fun though, Ive been a full time app developer for a year now :)