01-08-2014, 05:59 PM
It's alright in a frontline commando epoch style. The graphics are nice and it's Robocop. And it's free it'll be fun until you can't get any further without paying! If it was a proper walk through the city shoot em up it would be worth buying it as it is it's free and it'll pass some time.
01-08-2014, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov View Post
The only Glu game I likes was - Stranded: The Mystery of time. But it is need of a serious update.
I liked Space Monkey but that hasn't been updated in nearly 5 years so that's dead, was a sweet game though.

01-08-2014, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov View Post
What wrong with Glu Games?
they made some of the best games out there but notorious for their outrageous in app purchase , I don't mind paying a few dollars / $2x , but their in app purchase usually cost around $50-$100 usd if u really need to make progress and go through the game
01-09-2014, 01:27 AM
Got this yesterday. Is hideously juddery on an ipad2. Not a great game, very much like epoch, which did it better....
01-09-2014, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubaros View Post
Got this yesterday. Is hideously juddery on an ipad2. Not a great game, very much like epoch, which did it better....
On the contrary, the game runs damn-near flawlessly on my iPad2; the game seems to use 100-150MB+ RAM, but I'm running 5.1.1, so no problems here.

Since my most recent post about this game, I have this to add:

After playing for 3+ hours yesterday and 3+ hours today (not counting STAMINA recharge wait time), I finally was able to grind through Tier 1 without spending any real money. That being said, the Breakthrough Node system should be either fixed to a 50:50 ratio without the need for nodes (success chance increaser) or removed completely because the payout for missions is too damn low to compensate for a failed Breakthrough Node attempt especially with this game's incessant demand for upgrading almost after every completed mission.

Also, unfortunately the OCP and Escalation missions are one-timers; once completed, there's no going back (even to the last mission). Challenge and Daily missions are always available though. If you're patient enough, you can continue to grind the Tier 1 'HARD' Challenge for $800 every 45secs when you reach Tier 2....just keep grinding cash and watching videos for gold to progress through Tier 2, which is brutal, but possible.
01-09-2014, 04:32 AM
Pretty cool game, should have played it earlier. Too bad it has wait timers. Has some cool graphics, reminds me somewhat of Epoch.
01-10-2014, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaibosh View Post
I loaded this game up, it is a hodgepodge mess of unfinished parts which is unfortunate because 'Epoch with aiming' is a great genre to exploit. The graphics are really, really good and you can tell a LOT of work has been put into all the various UI and art assets, but... The way they drunkenly lead you through clumsy menus and such feels like a game that was abandoned when it ran out of money. The sound is quite muted and dull, some of the animation (like when Robocop runs) really needs a once-over, but the actual aiming from cover and using various power ups is quite fun and very different from the static 'choices' in Epoch.

I don't see good things happening for this game, unless they are going to be putting in a lot more hours. It feels like it could be a fun romp if they cleaned it up and kept the action flowing. Some of these IAP disasters just fall apart when they start the game by leading you around by a nose ring and force you to just upgrade and upgrade and hurry and finish and... Yeah, we get it - let the game stand for itself already. There is a way to do IAP right, but forcing it so hard just ruins the game from minute one.
Wait what? Epoch is way better than this. There more choice in epoch, a better upgrading system, and there also isn't a giant paywall...