04-12-2015, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speetz View Post
I think it is good to mention that that first time you see tigers he is just there to scare the bajesis out of you. And eat you. But the mission is just to gather those tongues I believe.

Funny story; I was under the impression (and a bit confused especially after reading about certain things about the game) that you could only get quests from the guild through the gathering hall. Then I talking to the chief again; now after doing her quests I am progressing like a boss, got my battle armor set and putting attack jewels in it, to hit 15 hoping there is an extra bonus. If not any suggestions for what I could go for with that set? I also made the giadrome claws dual blades AND upgraded them, so I am shredding monsters now especially with the ice attribute. Are certain monsters weak/strong against certain elements? Haven't seen that mentioned.

I do have one question that I haven't really explored for too much and one I don't understand atl all that are my reason for posting tho; where is my kitchen so I can bring these kitties with me, and where and how do I get mining points so I can upgrade my farm ladder deal thing? Thanks guys! enjoying the game immensely
1. There are two kinds of quest, guild hall quest and village quest.. Guild hall quest are divided into low rank, high rank, and G-rank.. Village quest is divided into elder quest and feline elder quest..
2. About armor, battle armor works fine. If you have unlocked kutku, you should change to his set, or yian garuga set
3. Some monster weak again a certain element, and element attack works well with fast attacking weapon.. Like rajang weak to ice, etc.. But raw damage is still a priority in low level
4. The kitchen is located behind your bed, it's unlocked after you recruit a feline chef at the granny feline peddler in the village entrance
5. Upgrading the farm needs pokke points earned by completing quest.. Talk to the man near farm entrance for upgrading

Hope that helps~ happy hunting~

Currently Playing: IMPLOSION, MHFU, FFRK
Waiting For: any game that can beat MHFU awesomeness!!
GC Account: chaos_envoys Feel free to add me ^^
Anti Always-On DRM for single player game!!!!
04-13-2015, 12:57 AM
Just so you know, there are feline chefs, which cook, and feline fighters, which, well, fight.
Pick a type that interests you (bomb, strike, slash) and choose its training course (increases certain stats).
Take it with you on a hunt and it will distract stuff for you!

Oh and about the minions, definitely kill them. They may not do much damage to you but more than likely they'll knock you ever and then the drome will eat you.

Also it's beneficial to be good at more than one weapon type, because some monsters are very easy or hard with a particular weapon.
Also, you should try online to get some better materials and experience fighting the harder monsters!

Today is the first day of the rest of my life...but so is tomorrow...

04-13-2015, 03:09 AM
Any bow users here got any tips for if monsters are taller than usual? I usually use pierce shots which are more beneficial when there is a lot of monster to hit. I always use power and close range coatings too. But I found myself struggling on a high rank red khezu when it came out huge.
04-13-2015, 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyPig View Post
Any bow users here got any tips for if monsters are taller than usual? I usually use pierce shots which are more beneficial when there is a lot of monster to hit. I always use power and close range coatings too. But I found myself struggling on a high rank red khezu when it came out huge.
If facing many small monsters, use rapid or spread shots (when up-close) instead. For khezu, easiest to shoot with rapid shots to his neck (this is his weak point) or his legs. If it's a really huge khezu, which i doubt since this is probebly a low rank khezu, you can fire pierce shots. Aiming at his head to pierce through his neck and body.

Pierce shots are crap against small monsters.
04-13-2015, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Remember that you can manually aim to hit him while he's on the ceiling, but don't be in front of him because he'll wallop you on his way down.

Also a neat tip with the bows is that if you use a Melee strike with an attribute (eg poison), it will still poison the monster without using a coating!
However this is dangerous and most likely not worth it, considering how many strikes it takes to inflict status effects after the monster builds up a tolerance.

Oh and in case you didn't know, different types of shots (eg rapid) have optimal shooting ranges. As a quick guide always try to get the arrow to hit before it starts to drop, because at that point it does a lot less damage.
So yeah, if you try to camp on a ledge and take down something it will take a looong time.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life...but so is tomorrow...
04-13-2015, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
If facing many small monsters, use rapid or spread shots (when up-close) instead. For khezu, easiest to shoot with rapid shots to his neck (this is his weak point) or his legs. If it's a really huge khezu, which i doubt since this is probebly a low rank khezu, you can fire pierce shots. Aiming at his head to pierce through his neck and body.

Pierce shots are crap against small monsters.
Thanks for the help, most of the shots I fired with pierce I tried to shoot through its head or through its tail but I just found myself running out of time. It was an unusually tall red khezu and I did state that it is a high rank not low rank. I had no trouble with high rank basarios which I defeated in under 15 minutes with my bow. I'm usually a sword and sheild user but i used bow quite a lot on MH3U.
04-13-2015, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Thanks for the help, most of the shots I fired with pierce I tried to shoot through its head or through its tail but I just found myself running out of time. It was an unusually tall red khezu and I did state that it is a high rank not low rank. I had no trouble with high rank basarios which I defeated in under 15 minutes with my bow. I'm usually a sword and sheild user but i used bow quite a lot on MH3U.
Cool... Then raw element bows with rapid shots to the neck should be your optimal loadout. The problem with water element bows (which red khezu is weakest) is that there arent any with decent rapid shot before G-rank. Another option is to use Hermitaur Bow's pierce shots, but you have to be consistent with hitting through the neck and body to deal optimal damage.

Basarios is probably the easiest wyvern to fight against in the game. Khezu on the other hand, can get pretty annoying if you dont have HGE or if you mistakenly got greedy and he uses shock attacks on you.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword