Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Old 05-04-2013, 12:42 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAtBoxCat View Post
Agreed! The price drop is definitely important. We noticed the same affect using our productivity tool. When you drop the price it get picked up by feeds and syndicated. http://new.appsfire.com/ is one of them.

Constant price fluctuating was a consideration, but not sure what frequency should be good. We're afraid it will promote users to just wait until we become free. We made a hard decision to never go free. Not sure if it will serve us. We'll see. =)
Here's my idea on how to counter it that I am licensing to you for free Reward early adopters with special things for a limited time before any drop. On my game I gifted a unique goblin rogue skin (for early iap buyers) and an intermediate rune (for all downloaders) to those who bought the game early on. These things are no longer available now.

This way, when the unavoidable price drop happens, these vital early adopters that still make non-freemium indie games possible will have something cool to show for even when they boot up the game a year from now and will know that you care for them and will look toward doing the same on your followup titles.

I will follow the same logic for my next game and if anything push it even further.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:02 PM
Developer
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Send a message via AIM to MarkFromBitmenStudios

Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonPlunder View Post
On my game I gifted a unique goblin rogue skin (for early iap buyers) and an intermediate rune (for all downloaders) to those who bought the game early on. These things are no longer available now.
That's actually a cool idea, will keep this in mind for my next game.