Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-25-2013, 09:28 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Default Frontline Commando 2 - (by Glu Games Inc.)

Last edited by Hen14; 10-25-2013 at 09:30 AM..
Old 11-22-2013, 01:54 AM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 02-03-2014, 06:16 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

When is the universal release for this? Anyone know?
Old 02-14-2014, 11:28 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Anyone? Anyone playing this? What country is this available in? I like the Frontline Commando franchise.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:22 PM

It's too bad because they would be pretty fun if they weren't freemium
Old 02-14-2014, 12:47 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Ahh I just noticed this. Seems like its been out a while now.

It actually looks pretty good. Is there an offline mode? Anyone know? I don't play pvp online especially freemium shooters for that matter. But if the campaign has decent length and you can actually level up from it then I'd give it a try. Hopefully someone knows.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:56 PM

Judging by the current Build Version (0.5.0) the Game is still at least a few Months away from a Worldwide Release.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:17 PM

Okay gave this a go and I gotta say, it might be one of my favorite single player shooters on iOS. Not a complex game but is very solid and seems a tad rpg-ish with weapon stats and criticals (reminds me of Tom Clancy's new game the division actually!). It's not a run and gun shooter but a cover, intense firefight shooter, which I don't mind. It'll keep the game from getting more memory heavy (lags a bit on my ipt5).

The campaign seems like a pretty good decent length (no story really) at 12 areas. However at around 220~ish MB it's very good. Best part is I don't need to be online, I'm really surprised and happy that I'm tempted to email Glu to thank them. So many online games these days once they add PVP. Money is gotten at a pretty decent rate as well. It feels pretty solid. The squadie element is fun but seems to not impact gameplay too much. Maybe when you level it up it'll get better.

Now to the bad stuff. Almost everything in the shop is gold based (real cash). You can buy the first set of weapons for in-game money which comes at a decent pace but maybe it's decent because almost everything requires gold. Even support like grenades cost gold sadly. I do wish there were attachments you could buy to change weapons but I don't see that here. I don't play PVP so no comment there.

All-in-all, big recommendation from me. Just remember it's not a traditional shooter, but because of that it plays even better. No control fumbling. Just some dashing and gunning. Btw the characters look pretty darn awesome.

Last edited by L.Lawliet; 02-16-2014 at 10:21 PM..
Old 02-24-2014, 10:55 AM

Anyone know release date?
Old 02-24-2014, 12:15 PM

No idea but the newest update was pretty huge in general. They retweaked the game, added bosses, added a "story" (which is still hardly there and if you updated the game, the game skips all the previous story cutscenes). There's way more items purchasable without gold, new areas, etc. One UAV boss used to fly back and fourth with his gattling cannon. Now he fires the gattling, a slavo of missiles, and unleashes mini drones. Pretty cool.

The only disappointment I have is with the cut down from 12 episodes of campaign to 8. You could say that they were trying to focus it down to something solid but there isn't anything to solidify since basically there's not really a story. So I have no idea why they cut it down unless they felt like it was too long which I don't think it was.

Also the new graphics for my ipod Touch 5 are pretty bad. They said they improved the graphics but they look a lot worse minus my character model. All the enemies are bright and blurry when they used to be dark and gritty. To top that off, my game lags half the time and I have to constantly open and force close the app.