Universal Trigger Fist - (by Lake Effect)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Toad In The Hole, Aug 7, 2012.

1. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Thanks for impressions! I'm really excited now!

2. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I'm going to buy it anyway, but will the game be supported with content updates?

3. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #23 Rip73, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
    I've updated my last post with a little bit more impressions.

The game is awesome though to put it simply. It is a definite instabuy.

4. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    If its successfull, and I have no doubt it will be succesfull, I think we can assume it will be.
    That's not for definite now but its open to new added maps, weapons or characters.
    But again the developer has that decision to make.

5. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Damn time zones.

6. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    So I assume this is a multiplayer only game, i.e. no campaign mode? Honestly I'm not terribly interested in a multiplayer only game.

7. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #27 Rip73, Aug 7, 2012
    It is multiplayer only, no campaign in it. But all the multiplayer modes are playable offline against bots. And the bots are not stupid. They are very difficult to beat. Easily as much of a challenge as real people.
    I don't think a campaign mode is necessary really as the main focus of the game is to be a very good mutiplayer. And that it is. Campaign mode would only distract from that.
    The offline bots could be considered the campaign mode for those that don't always have wifi anyway.

Anyway, I'm heading back to playing, I need to build up my skill set before the rest of ye get there.
    (edited impressions on previous page to give a bit more detail)

8. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I was asking that question because the communities of the games that aren't supported with updates always die, and not only in shooters. Before the skycages update of IB2 almost nobody was playing CM.

BTW, one stupid question: do you gain EXP while playing offline (with bots)?

9. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    From Rip73's post I understand sprint isn't necessary but I'd still like it. Any plans to implement in the future? Just curious

EDIT: oh and add my GC guys banger1103. I'll be picking this up soon after I go and get a gift card. :D

10. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #30 Rip73, Aug 7, 2012
    Yep, you gain xp in all modes for your character whether your online or offline.
    Plus, you have three characters. So if you use each character in a match, they will each gain their own xp from that match. If you use only gunner character in a match, only the gunner will gain xp. Plus there is an overall global xp for your rank and certain unlocks.
    Each characters weapon set is unlocked as you use them. So for example, if you use only the gunner for each game, you will unlock his weapons, but his weapons only. You have to use each character to unlock that particular characters higher primary weapons. The handgun is excluded from this. I think it works on the global xp. All characters use the same range of handguns. It's the primaries that are different for each class.

And you're very right about a lack of updates killing a game. I'd actually given up on IB2 until the sky cages update. Well and truly back at it now. I want a rainbow gem and the light saber dual.

Plus I noticed an article that questioned whether it was value for money and that the price might discourage an online community.
    It is most certainly value for money. I've played for about three hours and it's only the tip of the iceberg. I couldn't estimate but there is a lot of unlocking left to do and you will get a lot of time in this game.
    In relation to the need of an online community. Yes it is definitely necessary to a mutiplayer but it will not take away from the game if you're looking for opponents. The bots will fill matches and they are in no way predictable. You'll only know their bots by their user names. Their behaviour is one of the best things about the game.
    I'm actually expecting the game to get easier once I start to play against real people.

That is not to say its too difficult either. It just means that's its a proper challenge.

11. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Although you need to be X rank to equip a weapon, you can still pick up weapons of killed people, right? This may sound like other stupid question, but actually a lot of iOS online shooters don't have this, like Eliminate or Archetype.

Only 45 minutes more! Argggghbdksjfbsikdjdoiwjeoqje

12. banger1103

Jun 26, 2011
    When will this release in the US?

13. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    10 pm ct.

14. banger1103

Jun 26, 2011
    Nooo 4 and a half more hours for me...:(

15. dirttyplaya

dirttyplaya Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Birmingham UK
    It looks a bit stiff I wonder how fluid game play is and if it's got retina

16. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #36 Rip73, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
    No you can't pick up weapons off the ground. Anyway if you could, you'd be shot before you got it. You can switch between characters at respawn so you essentially have three weapon load outs to choose from.

17. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #37 Rip73, Aug 8, 2012
    Not sure what you mean by stiff but there is no lag and movement is smooth if that's what you mean.
    You also have an action button for rolling over walls and through windows so there are multiple routes through certain maps. You don't need to find a door to get through a building. Character movement is good.
    It has retina support on both iPad and iPhone. I don't know for sure what resolution it runs at on iPad 3 but as far as I know it's full retina.
    It looks extremely good on both retina devices and on iPad 2 so graphics wise, you wont have a problem. RPGs leave smoke trails and grenades create a nice little explosion.

18. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Very cool game and the bots kick butt. Evil little things, they are!

Jamie

19. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Yup, I got the game 12 minutes before your post lol
    I suck in this game...

20. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #40 Rip73, Aug 8, 2012
    I wasn't too good at it my self in the beginning but it certainly is fun and obviously as you learn the maps and the good positions, you'll obviously get better.
    Use the single player to rank up and learn the maps. Even though the AI will kick your ass.
    I've only barely just achieved a 1.11 k/d. I was 0.4 until I started to rank up and get better weapons. King of the hill seems to be a good one for building xp. Stay well away from free for all for now. Until you're rank is a bit higher. Then it becomes a blast of a slaughter fest.
    Anyway, if it was easy, I'd have given it up by now. At this stage I'm eager for vengeance upon as many bots, and people of course, as possible.