Looking for suggestions for contest guidelines for this forum.

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by Eli, Apr 18, 2014.

1. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Clint that might be the case with some developers and of course there will always be some one who wants to rig the process. Sad but true...

But I can honestly say that 1stSpin has caught one of the TA users cheating in some of his recent contests. You can follow some of the threads there. I have never met 1stSpin nor his company nor do I even work with his company or any other item you can think of. Nor was even I in the running for any contest either (kinda hard if one doesn't enter! LOL..since I know I s*ck!)

Thus hopefully the TA moderators can be alerted and do whatever is necessary, If anything, to such person. Also, found it odd that when the person was caught not a peep from such person in any of the threads. We do also know such person has an accomplice as well.

Just thought I pass this info along...

2. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

#42 schplurg, Dec 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
    Deleted. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em ;)

3. manat1900

manat1900 Active Member

May 5, 2014
    Instead of guidelines, why don't you ensure the winning prize?
    One way to ensure the winning prize is to force developers to send an e-mail gift card to TA (before starting the contest) and in the end of the contest TA forwards the prize to the winner. If the developer won't announce a winner in time, a random competitor gets it.
    It would be fool-proof and it would attract more competitors.

4. Eageron

Eageron Well-Known Member

May 29, 2015
    Game Development
    Munich
    While contests are a good way to spark some interest, it is quite annoying that so many devs scam on this, so a legit developer doesn't really want to try it out due to the bad experiences users have made before. I have read in the rules that TA staff would act as a escrow service. Is that possible? Seems to me it would be quite some extra work for you guys. If so, please let me know!

Best