So WHY should I get the iPad?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by merkamerka, Mar 22, 2010.

1. merkamerka

merkamerka Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Seriously, not a rant, not a gripe, I would just like to get some reasons/suggestions on why a person should get the iPad?

Like let's say I'm an avid owner of an already satisfying 8~32 gb ipod touch or iphone and I enjoy it. What is it about the iPad that makes it any more worthier?

2. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

More screen real estate, faster processor, and ebooks are the only real reasons IMO. Not worth the asking price until some new features are added

3. tukun

tukun Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2009

yeah, But i might get one for my gf since she needs to surf, youtube and facebook :D

for myself I will wait one more year for the next version.

4. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    If gaming is your primary interest, then I don't think there's a strong need to get an iPad yet.

The main reason to get an iPad is it is a living room appliance device for casual browsing, media consumption. As a large size multi-touch device, it's more suited for different applications than your iPhone or iPod Touch. Similar to why graphic designers use a 20-30" monitor and not a 13" monitor, even though they are functionally the same. The promise of those apps haven't yet been realized but should be more apparent over time.

arn

5. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Needs or worthiness aside, don't forget about the money spending itch ;)