Bike Baron Community Level Codes

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by D. Bida, Oct 18, 2011.

1. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    #81 spidey, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
    Hey, just played Ancient's way. Had a lot of fun with it. Really high class level. The first jump and the upside down checkpoint, after which you ram into the plank to get it down the shaft is very clever

While all your levels have been really, really good so far (have played all of them) But my favourite is easily Frost Nova. Super-fun level, "Portal-like" is a perfect way to describe the checkpoints. Its one of the best levels I have played in the game, including the contest winners. And of course the first section of Ancient's way, and the upside down checkpoint feature here as well. Both very well used though. I hope to see this level as a featured level. Well done, Baron.

And hey, how about trying my level BOUF, called A-maze-ing. The obstacles aren't very difficult, but it's supposed to be a maze and finding all the coins and the route itself is accordingly maze-like. Plus, not all checkpoints are helpful, so you have to be very careful. Very Indiana Jonesey, ehh.

2. riggysmalls

riggysmalls Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Oregon
    Thank you so much for your nice comments! I have actually downloaded and played your level already before you even posted it! I think it was on all the greatest hits on the bike baron blog! (I hope to get on there too :D)

I just completed another level, although I think it could use some tweaks ;). Responses like yours makes me want to keep creating! I want this to turn into a strong, creative community.

Level name: My Life Is Now
    Code: CBTJ
    Difficulty: Hard
    Goals: All Coins, All Pumpkins, Under 30s

Enjoy!!

3. riggysmalls

Jun 27, 2010
    Oregon
    I'd also love for a new contest :) I started making levels just after the contest ended :(

4. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

I'm sure there will be some contest going on again in the future so make sure to improve your level building skills as much as you can in the meantime ;)

5. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    Say what's that greatest hits thingy on bike baron blog? I have not seen that. Can you point me to it. Will give this level a try as well. I love playing user created levels. Mainly because the quaility of these levels is so high.

6. riggysmalls

Jun 27, 2010
    Oregon
    #86 riggysmalls, Feb 10, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
    Oh my bad, I DL'd yours from somewhere else prior to this, but here's the link:

Bikebaron.blogspot.com

They haven't posted in a while though :(

7. riggysmalls

Jun 27, 2010
    Oregon
    Hi Qwiboo,

Any chance on new building blocks to work with? :) Sheep, resizing capabilities, idk just fun stuffs! :)

8. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Yeah, there will be new stuff :) We are thinking about getting you the sheep as well :D The biggest problem with that one is that it has many polygons (triangles) so if you drop too many sheep into the level it will run slow as hell. But Timo just had some cool idea how to solve that on our last meeting so I think the sheep will be coming soon as well ;)

9. riggysmalls

Jun 27, 2010
    Oregon
    That is so awesome:) I cannot wait. I've also thought of a button mechanism that would break or remove a wall. Just a thought, I could see people making some frustrating levels with that mechanic, but in the right hands could be so fun!

10. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    You guys have "meetings" to discuss how to introduce sheep in level editor? Gosh, that sounds so much cooler than meetings I call or attend. Keep going guys :) And don't forget the moose.

11. riggysmalls

Jun 27, 2010
    Oregon
    Just a few suggestions for the level creator:
    -pinch/pull zoom: even if you can't do more than the three levels of zoom, I find myself trying to do this :(

-temporary starting locations: this is crucial for play testing. I don't like having to play through my entire level to test the final bits, and some of the timing in the start requires my start location to be perfect.

-Next/previous piece: sometimes parts are difficult to select, this would solve that :)

Keep up the awesome work/updates! I'm still working on my most recent level! :)

12. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Thanks for the great suggestions!

We were thinking about the temporary starting locations as well, but did no came up with simple and efficient solution yet. How would you envision it to work? How would you choose where to start testing from?

Keep the ideas coming, we read every post ;)

13. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    A simple workaround to temporary starting positions is give marking points, sort of cross-hairs to mark the wheel centres at the starting point. Once we put the markers at the start we can move around the bike anywhere we want because we always have "exact" position for the bike at the beginning marked. I usually use one of the signposts as such a marker :)

14. riggysmalls

Jun 27, 2010
    Oregon
    #94 riggysmalls, Feb 24, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
    Make a Yellow Bike, it overrides the actual starting location, but would be deleted for the "Share" play through and the actual level.

Also, it's awesome to see the amount of detail you pay attention to. I mean this is a sub-forum for your game and you look into every post, I love it. Thank you!

Edit** Update is out! Sheep, here I come!! Hmm... That sounded odd :/

15. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Yeah, we had similar idea, to have 2 bikes.. one shows the start position and the second one can be moved around for the testing position. Still need to make final call on this :)

:D:D:D Thanks for your support, and leave the sheep alone! :p

16. riggysmalls

Jun 27, 2010
    Oregon
    No promises ;) I'll have a new level coming soon! I have to ask, have you tried any of mine yet qwiboo? :D!

17. riggysmalls

Jun 27, 2010
    Oregon
    Newest Level: Duck N Sheep
    Code: CQNA
    Difficulty: Extreme-'ish

Notes: I know this level could use some polish and a few minor tweaks, but I think it's quite playable and fun right now:)

Goals:
    -Collect all coins.
    -Collect all pumpkins.
    -Beat in under 1:05
    -No crashes.

18. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    Quite late, but nonetheless, just made a walkthrough video for my level. It's edited to leave out some of the crashes to make the file size and viewing time lesser. I really wonder how some of the guys here have made videos 3-starring Joker Baron 4 and other levels. It's mighty difficult to play while recording! Anyways, here's the video

19. riggysmalls

Jun 27, 2010
    Oregon
    Good work spidey, I've really enjoyed your level, I like the exploration of it and all. The final bits I had to retry quite a few times :/

I'm working on another level, one I think you in particular will enjoy. I'm finishing up the last bits of polish on it today. I should have a code to post later :)

20. riggysmalls

Jun 27, 2010
    Oregon
    Level Code: CVY5
    Level Name: Exciting Bicycle
    Difficulty: Hard-Extreme depending on goals
    Goals:
    All coins
    All pumpkins
    Under 1:00
    No crash
    Description: Some fun and unique obstacles involving red objects, ice and sheep ;)