iPhone Haunted Escape: Wrath of Victoria

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by syndessol, Sep 22, 2013.

1. syndessol

syndessol Well-Known Member

#1 syndessol, Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
    Check out our new 3D point and click adventure due to come out in a few days before Halloween.

Here is the official game trailer for Haunted Escape: Wrath of Victoria

We will keep you posted on the game's progress here. You can also visit (and like) our facebook page for more information and a few other screenshots of the game.

Haunted Escape Facebook Page

Thanks for having a look.

2. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Looks great. Can't wait for release

3. syndessol

Be sure to checkout our latest official game trailer/teaser video - now updated in the opening post.

4. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Waiting for the next month :)

5. syndessol

6. David1953

David1953 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    The game certainly looks interesting, but I would be interested in having some idea of how long the game play is before springing for the $2.99 asking price.

7. syndessol

Hi David,

The gameplay length will depend on how adept you are at playing the point and click genre.

I will say that it should take you a good amount of time to complete if you don't auto-solve the puzzles and you resist using the walkthrough on our website.

The game has 6 chapters to it and about 20 rooms in the house to explore. There are at least a dozen puzzles in it and over 40 artifacts/tools to find and use.

We think its a good sized play. In testing - it still takes me about an hour to play through it even knowing all of the answers.

Plus there are 2 alternate endings, so you will need to play through twice to experience it in its entirety.

I hope this helps.

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    syndessol, any estimate on the Android release date?

9. syndessol

Hi metalcasket,

The amazon.com release is still under review - but it appears it should be approved and released today or tomorrow. The Google Play store is going through 1 more test to verify that the split APK is working (since they have a 50 mb limit and the app is over 300mb). That too should be out today or tomorrow.

You can follow our facebook page or our website to get up to date information on the Android release status.

Facebook page: www.facebook.com/HauntedEscape/

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Fantastic. Google Play it is. :) Oh, and haha...it was the "Coming Soon" on your site that led to me asking here. :p

11. syndessol

Oops - missed that tag on our homepage - will fix that now.
    Hope you enjoy the game.

12. Sadina

Sadina New Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Interesting "Escape" Game

I downloaded Haunted Escape: Wrath of Victoria, and I'm very please with the game overall. I'll try and give some feedback without any spoilers. ;)

The art is amazing and eerie. The lighting is very dim in some rooms, most likely on purpose. If you're like me and want it a bit brighter though, it's pretty simple to go to "Settings", turn off "Auto Brightness", and increase how bright your screen is. If you only increase it a small amount, it'll still be dreary and creepy without ruining the suspense or white washing out the brighter rooms (like the bathroom).

The puzzles varied from being intuitive, or what I expected, to being very original. While the more original ideas took longer to solve and were borderline frustrating at times, I found them to be the most interesting. They made me think and try new strategies.

Was the game scary? Mmm, it made me jump once or twice. The rest of the time it was more suspenseful, not frightening, which is what I would prefer for a Victorian-style puzzle game.

So far, I've put in 4 hours of play time, but I am not yet finished with the game. Judging by how many puzzles and rooms they say is in the game, I assume I'm near the end. Or rather, one of the endings, since there are two. To see the second ending, I'll likely use the walkthrough.

13. syndessol

Awesome review Sadina. Thanks. Glad to hear you are enjoying the game.