★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Visit the Carnival!

Hello Kitty® just opened her very own supercute carnival! Help Hello Kitty and Sanrio friends welcome guests as they visit the newest attraction in town!

Lots of Fun!
Hello Kitty Carnival showcases different types of exciting rides: the speedy Roller Coaster, the rotating Ferris Wheel, the spinning Merry Go Round, bumpy Cable Cars, a friendly Pirate Ship, a giant Slide, and more! There are also great carnival attractions such as Whack a Mole, Trampoline and Fortune Telling that offer fun prizes. If your guests are hungry, help lead them to the nearest Snack Bar or Popcorn Machine. Dont forget to upgrade each facility to ensure the best quality of service and experience for your guests!

Friends Help Friends
Adding to the guests enjoyment are the cute and friendly Sanrio characters, who work as carnival staff. Guests of Hello Kitty Carnival will meet 11 adorable Sanrio characters: Hello Kitty, Pekkle, Keroppi, My Melody, Pochacco, PomPomPurin, Little Twin Stars (Kiki and Lala), Badtz-Maru, Cinnamoroll and Tuxedosam, all hard at work on the carnival. Each character is upgradable, and you choose who to upgrade and how.

Enjoy 9 levels of amusement park fun. Add friends using your friend's ID or Facebook account and visit their fun-filled carnival to collect bonus coins! You can also "Like" your friend's carnival to show them that you enjoyed your stay.

Play More to Get More
Keep on playing Hello Kitty Carnival to level up. Each time you level up, you will unlock new cute and fun attractions that will entice more guests. There are 5 different themes you can unlock and buy as you play. Each theme is based on popular Sanrio characters: Hello Kitty, My Melody, Badtz-Maru, PomPomPurin, and Keroppi. You can customize your carnival with available backgrounds in the shop and get a panorama view of your carnival on Portrait Mode.

** Please note that while the app is free, please be aware that it contains paid content for real money that can be purchased upon users' wish to enhance their gaming experience. **

Sanuku's comments:

07-06-2013, 11:38 AM
It's really hard to tell what kind of game this is from the screenshots, however this is basically a dinner dash meets cityville game where you earn currency to decorate the park as well as the game stage. The decorations in the park seem to allow the players to collect coins from them after a period of time that isn't specified from what I saw. I think you just stay at the screen and the decorations randomly generate 5 coins.

Decorating the game stage seems to improve the stats of the station in three categories. The amount of coin earned, the speed at which they do what they do and I'm guessing the last one is keeping people happy. There's only two people servicing customers and they have to stay at the station until the process is complete which is different from dinner dash. You can purchase additional attendants, for both coin and premium currency. The four early ones that I have access to have these costs:

Lala - 8,000 coins or 80 premium currency (be aware that she is really slow moving between stations)
Kiki - 18,000 coins or 180 premium currency
Keroppi - 350 premium currency
Hello Kitty - 700 premium currency

At level 3 I'm earning about 2,000 coins a play so it definitely seems like a game where premium currency isn't necessary to enjoy the game. The game also seems to be semi liberal in providing premium currency. You can earn them during play and I seemed to be averaging about 1.25 per game that I've been playing.

There's some social linking in the section for decorating the park. I think some of the decorations are unique to the social linking aspect. You will need to have friends like your park in order to get them. There is a facebook linking, but it also seems like you can add friends using their in game code.

Overall a nice game that's well polished in its presentation. I would have liked to see more depth added to the park decorating aspect but that's not the main point of the game.

Last edited by kaply; 07-06-2013 at 11:58 AM.