Legacy Of Kain

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Gryphon, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Why hasnt this series been ported to IOS? It would be perfect.

2. theflamecrow

theflamecrow Active Member

Nov 17, 2012
    Because it seems to be mostly forgotten.

Would be nice, but yeah. (And the Elder God's VA is dead.... :( )

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    In what way would it be perfect? It was perfect for an old system with physical controllers outputting low-res video, this is an entirely different situation. Simply liking a game doesn't make it a perfect port.

4. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Man, my memory is very fuzzy, especially for the second LoK. There were three, right? At least 2 2d versions? Forget about porting Soul Reaver...crappy game anyway.

Well, like I said, my memory sucks, but I don't recall the original having complex controls.

In a somewhat similar vain, I would love a port of Nightmare Creatures (there might have been a sequel but I never played it) with swipe controls. IIRC, the battle system mostly revolved around attacking in the correct direction to chop off the enemies' body parts; if the gameplay was tweaked, I think ot would work great with swipe-to-attack controls.

Speaking of overlooked Playstation games, does anyone remember the name of a game series (at least two were released in the US) in which your character, who lived in a mansion, set up traps to kill visitors? I think there was a 2d blueprint view to make it easier to set traps, then a 3d view which let you lead the "guests", usually dangerous guests, through the mansion to spring your traps?

I'de love to see a port of that, if only because I doubt I'll ever see a copy of those games again.

5. Gryphon

Gryphon Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    All the games had PC versions and it was originally a pc game.

6. MokuroRokudo

MokuroRokudo Active Member

Nov 11, 2012
    One of the legendary game on PS1 lol

7. anthonyk

anthonyk New Member

Nov 18, 2012
    Tecmo's Deception.

8. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    I'll take some of that! Even the somewhat sucky pseudo-sequels (can't think of the names but I own them)!

Legacy of Kain as a series had a great story, as did the Soul Reaver series that's tied to it... But they were very sucky games when it came to actual gameplay, IMO. People lamenting those games often seem to overlook that. Great games because of the story, but the gameplay itself was elementary with basic puzzles, too much block pushing and switch pulling, and controls that were clunky and, at best, serviceable. The impaling enemies on the environment was fun though!

Not meaning to offend, but there are so many other games of "old games I want a port of on my iPad"! Give me Fire a prettied up Syndicate, Shadowrun, Might and Magic, Arcanum, Icewind Dale 1 & 2, Fallout 1 & 2, Deus Ex 1 (PC version), the Thief games, System Shock series, or heck, even the first two Hitman games (Codename 47 and Silent Assassin). As for games from 96' I'd take Bahamut Lagoon, Tactics Ogre, Vandal Hearst, Persona, Fire Emblem, Front Mission, Star Ocean or others over Legacy of Kain. At least we will be getting Shadowrun sometimes (hopefully) next year!