★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
03-26-2015, 11:48 PM
Wow, this got pulled???
03-27-2015, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
Wow, this got pulled???
Holy hell cant find it either.

03-27-2015, 10:11 AM
Whew!! I almost deleted this of my phone yesterday to make room. I will say that I reinstalled it on my iPad like early last week I think, so it had to of been recently pulled.
04-19-2015, 02:20 PM
No word? No sign? No press conference from the Townsville mayor? This will not stand.
04-19-2015, 04:41 PM
I've found this on my purchase list when I just went through it. I've replayed up to the first save point and didn't see any problems with this game. I don't know why this was pulled.

iPad Air with iOS 8.3
04-19-2015, 04:59 PM
I just checked Radiangames.com

Here's what Luke wrote:
Goodbye Powerpuff Girls

Many of probably already know that PPG: Defenders of Townsville was removed from Steam, iOS, and Google. Not because there was a problem with the game, but because Cartoon Network is coming out with a new TV series, and they decided to reduce the visibility of PPG everywhere to reduce confusion (and increase hype?). I have no idea what art style the new series will be in. PPG: DoT had two different art styles, but it could be a third all-new style.

Im obviously not happy with this decision, but theres nothing I can really do about it. Ill probably make another Metroidvania-Shooter at some point in the future (with spaceships instead of superhero girls), but I dont know when that would be.
04-19-2015, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amusing Grace View Post
I just checked Radiangames.com

Here's what Luke wrote:
Goodbye Powerpuff Girls

Many of probably already know that PPG: Defenders of Townsville was removed from Steam, iOS, and Google. Not because there was a problem with the game, but because Cartoon Network is coming out with a new TV series, and they decided to reduce the visibility of PPG everywhere to reduce confusion (and increase hype?). I have no idea what art style the new series will be in. PPG: DoT had two different art styles, but it could be a third all-new style.

Im obviously not happy with this decision, but theres nothing I can really do about it. Ill probably make another Metroidvania-Shooter at some point in the future (with spaceships instead of superhero girls), but I dont know when that would be.
Thanks for the info. Pretty sad coz this sounds like a permanent pull. Im never deleting this as long as it plays on my current iOS versions. One of the best iOS games for me of alltime.
04-19-2015, 05:16 PM
Wow! What a bummer. This is such a good game too. That's one thing that sucks about digital distribution. You buy it, but it's not really yours.
04-19-2015, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Many of probably already know that PPG: Defenders of Townsville was removed from Steam, iOS, and Google. Not because there was a problem with the game, but because Cartoon Network is coming out with a new TV series, and they decided to reduce the visibility of PPG everywhere to reduce confusion (and increase hype?).
How very anti-hype this is. It's quite the opposite effect, isn't it? It's a bad thing!