Universal Project Frox: 12 Stages of Suffering for iPhone and iPad (by NoSixFive)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 4, 2017.

1. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA

Project Frox: 12 Stages of Suffering

Jump, run, dash, and smash over traps, evil predators and hostile environment! Try to reach the safe zones using differe…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Jump, run, dash, and smash over traps, evil predators and hostile environment! Try to reach the safe zones using different routes, teleports, and skill! Train your brain to simultaneously control both frogs and experience the real power of your survival instincts!

Project Frox is a binary-brain style game, where the player controls two separate frogs. Each frog can hop on a tile that matches its color. One frog can advance on a single-colored path by jumping on the other frog’s back.

The game is specifically targeted for medium-to-hardcore gamers with equally well developed brain hemispheres. Check how well your brain works and how fast it learns to use the game mechanics and controls!
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Arcade
    Release:May 05, 2017
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. doink123

doink123 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    #2 doink123, May 4, 2017
    Last edited: May 4, 2017
    Project Frox: 12 Stages of Suffering (by NoSixFive)

Hi!
    Our latest game, Project Frox, just made it to the App Store!

[​IMG]

Project Frox is a binary-brain style game, where the player controls two separate frogs. Each frog can hop on a tile that matches its color. One frog can advance on a single-colored path by jumping on the other frog’s back.

[​IMG]

Jump, run, dash, and smash over traps, evil predators and hostile environment! Try to reach the safe zones using different routes, teleports, and skill! Train your brain to simultaneously control both frogs and experience the real power of your survival instincts!

Help the little creatures escape the evil space life form called Gart!

[​IMG]

The game controls require a good sync between both hands, which engages both brain hemispheres. Check how well your brain works and how fast it learns to use the game mechanics and controls!

Project Frox: 12 Stages of Suffering

Jump, run, dash, and smash over traps, evil predators and hostile environment! Try to reach the safe zones using differe…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details

The game is specifically targeted for medium-to-hardcore gamers with equally well developed brain hemispheres. Check how well your brain works and how fast it learns to use the game mechanics and controls!
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Arcade
    Release:May 05, 2017
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Features
    ====================================​

* The game consists of 12 challenging levels only... with real ending!
    * 4 different environments
    * Escape an evil space predator
    * Use skill and survival instincts to reach the safe zones.
    * GameCenter leaderboards and 12 achievements.
    * Apple TV and Mac versions

Links
    ====================================​

App Store link:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/project-frox-12-stages-of-suffering/id1195774388?ls=1&mt=8

Mac App Store link (Project Frox is available on Mac too!):
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/project-frox-12-stages-of-suffering/id1195775414?ls=1&mt=12

TouchArcade AppleTV thread:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=305072

TouchArcade Mac thread:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=305075

3. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #3 Qwertz555, May 4, 2017
    My brain was never capable to control two characters at the same time, resulting in a delete of any game after five minutes...or faster.
    Funny that it's a totally different story here, because i was immediately looking for the iap's to get rid of the ads ($3).

The bad...
    Top responsive controls, fast replay, nice 8-bit sounds and omg, what an adorable art style!

The good...
    I never understand why Devs code one button only for muting music and sfx at the same time.
    This (see the picture, gulp) would give the game sort of an easy mode (i need it, lol), but it also might take out the incredible huge satisfaction once you finished a level in one go. Looks like i died 94 times already...gulp, level 1, but i made it.

If the installed MB 213 don't hurt you and you like "to be brained", i would highly recommend to check it out.

Edit:
    I bought the ads-free, and while i already was offered a free continue before (once in a while), now it seems i always get one. I appreciate when games let you play in portrait and landscape mode (all 4 directions).

Edit again:
    Level 2 took me 128 attempts. No walk in the park!

Attached Files:

4. doink123

Jan 8, 2010
    #4 doink123, May 4, 2017

Yes, being persistent is what gives the best results in this game. Do you know why we did all "brain" references? What seems quite amazing is that your brain creates reflexes for the right moves at the right time and syncs your hands to do it. When you reach this level it's almost surreal, because it's like watching your hands do the right thing without feeling the need to control them.

BTW, you got 1 hour free continues, because you removed the ads. I'll send you a promo code for the infinite continues in-app and you will be able to use the checkpoint everytime. I'll PM you.

5. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    Stupid me completely forgot that :eek:

An infinite thank you for the code!
    It works fine, and now i'm a bit in a clinch with myself - to continue or to restart - but the answer follows below.

I'm on 1-4 River, and this chasing alien-snail gets too fast for me now. Or in other words, the paths get more complicated. Ask my brain and thumbs. I clearly fear that i will never finish another level in one try again. The challenge is HUGE.
    I'm sure the team had a discussion about an easier mode where the snail was a tad slower. I was thinking of a speed-slider. Choose your speed, but for Gamecenter you have to play normal mode. Some like that. Lol, normal mode. I don't give up yet...too addicted atm.

Btw Gamecenter, Muddy Board, is this a total in deaths, steps or what?

6. doink123

Jan 8, 2010
    Every level gives you 100 points, so if you are at level 1-1 at 50% this would give you 350 points (3 tutorial levels at 100 points + 50 points for level 1-1)

7. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    #7 Qwertz555, May 15, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
    Thanks for this very much needed snail-speed update. Though i'll never be able to complete any next level without a continue (lol, lots of 'em), at least i could finish level 2-2. Wondering what devilish path lays ahead of me next.

Edit: just did 2-3 in 88 attempts, with continues. I found the switching groove easier than 2-2 (278x)

8. doink123

Jan 8, 2010
    Also 2-4 and 3-1 should be a bit easier than 2-1. Right now I'm stuck at 3-2 (98%), but it's possible. I've seen a couple of players pass it.