Heroes of Steel - turn based strategy (Trese Brothers)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by undeadcow, Mar 25, 2013.

1. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Early Enemy Art:
    [​IMG]
    Early World Map Example:
    [​IMG]

Project Kickstarter (funded & over): http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tresebrothers/heroes-of-steel-fantasy-rpg

2. actionrpg8000

actionrpg8000 Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Any word on when this is releasing?

3. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

The KickStarter wrapped up in early March, and we were lucky enough to hit our big stretch goal at $20,000. That stretch goal was Epic Platform Pack, which means we will deliver HoS to iOS, Android, OUYA, and desktop platforms. This set our timeline back by a few months, and we are currently looking at Alpha Access being available by August. There will be a pretty extensive Alpha period, giving our 41 Alpha team members real up-front preview of the game, story, and a chance to help us drive enhancements and polish the game.

The KickStarter rewards are still available through PayPal if you'd like to join that very exclusive club of Alpha Access Team.
    http://www.tresebrothers.com/blog/heroes-of-steel-kickstarter-paypal/

To get more day to day news,

You can keep up with us on Twitter
    https://twitter.com/TreseBrothers

You can join us on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/HeroesOfSteelRpg?ref=hl

4. actionrpg8000

actionrpg8000 Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    "our 41 Alpha team members"

That sounds like a group that has their own custom jackets. So like September for us non elite, non alpha people?

5. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

@actionrpg8000 - yes, in fact 23 of the Alpha Access team will get exclusive Heroes of Steel t-shirts. The game was funded by KickStarter, and the Alpha Access team was the $100 reward, $150 got you the T-Shirt.

You can read a ton more about the game at the KickStarter page and by looking through the 30+ updates if you are interested.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tresebrothers/heroes-of-steel-fantasy-rpg

Alpha will be a pretty exciting and unique experience. I am not sure how long it will run!

6. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Reading the thread title, i really thought this was a turn-based strategy game with MECHS. o_O

8. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Wooops! Sorry, the fantasy world is actually called Steel. Even if its fantasy RPG, still of interest? Post-apocalyptic RPG?

9. kurtalb1

kurtalb1 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Michigan
    #10 kurtalb1, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
    Looks very interesting. Star Traders is an excellent game, so I'll definitely watch this one!

10. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

11. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Our gaze is currently focused on December 5th for the submission date for Heroes of Steel to Google Play, Amazon, and the iOS App Store. So close now, just 8 days away! We are doing final testing, content preparation and balancing, and working through the suggestions, ideas, and bugs coming out of Phase 3 Alpha.

In preparation for launch, we have completed the first gameplay trailer. We hope that you will see in this video exactly how far Heroes of Steel and Trese Brothers have come since the game's original conception, and what we have been able to do with your amazing backing and support. We also hope that you will share this footage far and wide and beat the drum to get your friends and the gamers you know excited about the upcoming release. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/EUabKjL9iTQ

12. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Awesome! If it sells well is there a chance the Assassin class could be added? :D

13. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    #14 ScotDamn, Nov 29, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
    I'm ridiculously excited for this game to release. I really hope you guys start releasing more for iOS now. Perhaps even your other games on Android. :D

I will be counting every day until release, hopefully soon after 12/5!

This might fill the void that WQ was supposed to fill for anyone that wasn't a fan.

14. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

@jcho133 - we have decided to add the Epic Character Expansion characters, even though we did not reach them in the KickStarter. They will be added only after we have completed all our KickStarter commitments and shipped the final rewards.

15. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

@ScotDamn - glad we've got you excited. The game is looking great and we are polishing it until it shines. I think you'll find Heroes of Steel to be far more actively tactical than WQ, and also sporting a very serious and branching story.

16. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Heroes of Steel is much closer than I thought, I'm really looking forward to it.

17. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

@undeadcow - when we released "Alpha" we really handed over fully playable, nearly bugless game to our KickStarter backers. They've played in some test dungeons and towns for 3 weeks, and in the last week we released them upon the full blown game. It has been an amazing experience -- almost a month long discussion of game balance and polishing!

And we are looking at December 5 for submission - which means it could be as last as Dec 15 for iOS.

18. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

19. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012