App description: Disc Drivin is fun, social, turn-based racing! Race against your friends at your own pace with the swipe of your finger. Use awesome powers and avoid hazards on beautiful tracks with full 3D physics!

Touch Arcade
"Disc Drivin' is a total blast to play... The gameplay is just so satisfying, and the turn-based nature fits into a busy lifestyle"

148 Apps - ** Editor's Choice **
"Disc Drivin is easily one of the most addictive games I have ever played on iOS."

Slide To Play - ** 4 out of 4 (Must Have) **
"Few multiplayer games have drawn us in like Disc Drivin... Pick up Disc Drivin, tell your friends to do the same, and start your finger-flicking engines."

The APPera - ** Best iPhone Games 2010 **
"If you haven't heard of this game, all that will change this year."

AppAdvice - ** 4 Stars (Should Buy) **
"One of the more entertaining social games to hit the App Store as of late."

Gameplay
Easy, fun, swipe controls to propel your disc
Full 3D physics
Activate powers during your turn like turbo boost, bombs, and oil slicks
Unique obstacles in each track such as bumpers, barriers, and ramps
Replay last turn of each player
Lots of unique tracks in 4 different environments
Beautiful retina display graphics
Customize your disc decal and color

Multiplayer
Play-at-your-own-pace, turn-based multiplayer
Play up to 20 simultaneous online games
Challenge your friends and random opponents
Up to 4 players in online games
Play locally with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or pass-and-play on a single device with up to 8 players
Chat in-game with your friends
Push notifications when it is your turn

Pixelocity's comments:
Disc Drivin', Disc Drivin' Free, and Disc Drivin' HD are now available in the App Store in the US! Gameplay video and iTunes info follows:

Youtube link | Pop Up

07-03-2014, 12:13 PM
One of the greatest iOS games ever... me and all my friends bought all the customization packs to support the dev. it was SO GOOD
07-03-2014, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanfwc View Post
One of the greatest iOS games ever... me and all my friends bought all the customization packs to support the dev. it was SO GOOD
It's still great! I'm hoping to inspire developers to stick with it, so get in game and play!

11-18-2014, 05:02 PM
I just added a response to another thread here in regards to Disc Drivin: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...68#post3406668

The developers are still responsive. I've actually been actively playing against one of them for the last several weeks. I'm not sure if he'd appreciate his Disc Drivin username being advertised here, so I won't mention it, but I will say that there is a video out there showing a journalist playing against him for an article, where you can see his username. Also, his disc art is the Pixelocity logo (which can't be purchased).

I've chatted with him in regards to any potential plans to update the game, and unfortunately it doesn't sound like there is anything in the pipeline. I get the sense they're focusing on their other game (Danger Boat).

Last edited by jaggles; 11-18-2014 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Fixed the URL.
11-18-2014, 05:25 PM
Still love this game, but I'm way out of practice.

If you want an easy win, please feel free to invite drelbs to a game.

Would love to play some 4-player games with people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
11-19-2014, 11:50 PM
Been permanently on my phone/iPad ever since it was released. I've ever gotten bored with it. kel808 is my user name always up for new challenges
11-20-2014, 03:20 AM
I never played it, not so much into multiplayer games, but I've got lots of friends who absolutely love it. So yea, there are still people who play this game

TourPal worldwide travel guide app, with voice tours,maps, tips & more. Now 100% Free - app download link
11-20-2014, 04:58 AM
I also spoke with the devs recently via email - myself and a large group of friends have played this online every single day since release, we all have multiple turn based races always on the go. As soon as one of us wins a race another 4-player race begins.

This is one of those turn-based games that I don't think enough people appreciate how much fun and just how good it is.

I'm still praying they'll do a Disc Drivin' 2 and most of the active user base I'm sure would be willing to pay more - I mean how many apps or games can you say have remained on your device for 2-3 years and get played EVERY DAY??
11-20-2014, 05:28 PM
Other than stock iOS apps, this is quite literally the only one for me.
11-21-2014, 12:47 PM
I plan to hop back in and embarrass myself with my rustiness soon.

Meanwhile, though, I tried it on iPhone 6 Plus, and it looks great!

I had it in my head that older apps would need an update for the new iPhones (and iOS 8) or else they'd be upscaled and blurry. I have seen some older games look like that, but it's clearly not all of them: Disc Drivin' fills the big screen and has sharp text and sharp OpenGL (with slight blurriness only on minor buttons/UI elements). And it wasn't even updated for iOS 7 (the Back button in Settings looks like iOS 6). So--now I'm eager to check out lots of "older" games that I had assumed would disappoint when enlarged.

It also restored my purchased disc designs without being asked. Painless

M⚙rgan Adams
Game Center: Adams Immersive
My upcoming game: Scree - treasure landslide (Forum thread)
My first app: DotBoard - spatial grid checklist (Forum thread)
04-24-2015, 03:10 AM
Hello from Pixelocity everybody, we hope everyone is enjoying the new Disc Drivin' update. Thanks for playing and happy racing!