And so it starts...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by VoodooVyper, Oct 2, 2009.

1. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    The PSPGo arrived today. Not only were 100 PSP games made available for download, but they also incorporated PSP Minis. A small, but potential list of games:

Alien Havoc ($4.99)

Tetris ($9.99)

Hero of Sparta ($6.99)

Brainpipe ($4.99)

Fieldrunners ($6.99)

Sudoku ($4.99)

Funky Punch ($4.99)

This will surely attract newcomers to the scene. What do you guys think?

2. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    We will see, but I just read the review on the hardware at IGN, and apparently the PSPgo only uses digital media - leaving everyone with a PSP the option of repurchasing digital format games - or continue to use their old system for their prior games, and the PSPgo for the new ones... This system seems mostly designed for people new to the system. At 200 - 250 - I will pass on that bus...

3. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    From the reviews I've read, PSP Go sucks.
    1. No UMD drive,
    2. $250,
    3. Digital games are more expensive than UMD's,
    4. I can play all of the 'mini's I want on my iPod.

4. zero144

zero144 Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Sydney, Australia
    I have bough a pspgo and fieldrunners (minis). The pspgo is very slim and has a great build quality. Not fussed about losing my UMD because I get 3 free games and GT for psp for free. I also got my GO! for about A$100 after a trade in.

Fieldrunners for psp has great updated graphics, 2 new maps and 2 new towers. For A$8.50 I think it is great and controls very well as well,

5. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Yeah, the new Minis aren't all that bad. They have been updated with some stuff and are pretty fun. I'll probably be using my PSP more with all these great games coming out (GT, MotorStorm, Minis) Oh and Pinball Fantasies came out as a mini too.