Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-30-2014, 10:48 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Is anyone going down? I've reached a depth of 500+ meters, and levels are still all the same. Same monsters, loot, tile set, everything.

The game really feels more like a demo than a full game.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:20 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

This is why I love Touch Arcade and its community - I get thanked for playing games and then talking about them, just surreal!

Anyway, between this, Quest of Dungeons, One Way Heroics, Rogue's Tale and Cardinal Quest 2, it's been an amazing year for roguelikes already (plus Hoplite if you're generous)

It's great to see that the dev still sees this as in-development. It's a lovely game, it just needs some work on the quantity of features. The mechanics are all there, so with more variety in classes/skills/locations/enemies/loot etc. it would be pretty spectacular. A few difficulty modes would be nice too - I know there have been some disparaging remarks about its easiness but there are quite a few people who feel excluded from roguelikes due to the punishing nature of permadeath - it's nice to see one cater for the masses, though a hardcore mode for us masochistic gamers would be appreciated!
Old 03-31-2014, 02:09 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern View Post
I'm really enjoying the game, and I'm glad to see the newer Oryx sprites put to good use.

Have you considered streamlining item management? I feel like Cardinal Quest 2 really gets this right.

Am I supposed to be going up the stairs or down? I'm going up.
Thanks!

I'm trying to streamline things as much as possible although I felt like I should leave some inventory management in there. I've only just started playing Cardinal Quest 2 though so I'm perhaps not aware of how good streamlining could be.

Yeah going up is correct. You're supposed to be escaping from the dungeon. It seemed simpler than having to go down; get the amulet; and then go all the way back up again.

The beginning of a backstory that explains why you're in the dungeon (and why you're going up) in the first place is at [url]http://theworkofcats.com/10000monkeys/[/url]. Story #82.

Thanks,
Charles.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:18 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramys71 View Post
Hi !
Great game ; I'm really enjoying it so far / no crash at all.
I found by accident you could see the minimap by Zooming out : that's a great feature !!
Cheers!

Quote:
- Tapping on lootpile could indicate a choice window and descriptions ; actually you cannot get what's under a pile (especially if your inventory is full)
Yeah a few people have pointed that out. Are you aware that you can drag items around the map too? If you hold on an item on the map you should be able to drag it to another tile. Apologies that this is not very clear.

Quote:
- i wonder if the scroll of curse is buggy.. i used it on a weapon and everything seemed to be cursed in my equipment
Possibly although I think cursed items might be very frequent at the moment. I will double check.

Quote:
- tapping on a foe to see its description too
- revamp all the inventory / character menus
- game is too easy by now but i'm sure you'll fix that soon enough...
- money is too easy to get
- more tiles / heroes / foes / weapons etc !
Thanks for those. I've added them all onto the list.

Thanks,
Charles.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:23 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artfoundry View Post
Is anyone going down? I've reached a depth of 500+ meters, and levels are still all the same. Same monsters, loot, tile set, everything.

The game really feels more like a demo than a full game.
Oops! You're supposed to go up. I will remove the down stairs past a certain level. There are a few different monsters and items as you go up. I'm slowly adding more variety.

Thanks,
Charles.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:26 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_biskit View Post
Has anyone else experienced buggy gameplay? The game is great!(when it works) but it crashes literally every 3-5 min where I have restart the app just to make it through a few rooms before it crashes again.whats the deal!!!!
I'm really sorry about the crashes and I'm really really keen to fix them. I don't suppose you could flick me an email giving me some details about the device you're running it on? The email address is support@sweetsoftware.co.nz.

Thanks,
Charles.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:47 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

This slipped under my radar and I need to resolve that (by playing it tonight).

You can never have too many roguelikes!