iPhone 5 or Galaxy Note 2

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by deadlock32, Dec 20, 2012.

1. deadlock32

deadlock32 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I need help guys, which one should i get? Thanks and be specific why? Personally i want galaxy note 2 than iPhone 5. Right now, im currently iphone 4 but the iphone 5 doesnt impress me at ALL which is sad. So which do i choose, thanks.

2. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    If it was me I'd go Note 2 I think it's easily the most powerful handset on the market right now (cpu wise) and it's got a better Amoled screen than all the galaxy range before it then there's the stylus, but if you like gaming a lot the iPhone 5 might be a better bet.

I'd say it depends what you use your phone for mostly unless it's gaming then Note 2 and even then it will probably run any Android game you throw at it easily.

3. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

If the majority of your wardrobe consists of fanny packs, cargo shorts, and utility kilts, go with the Galaxy Note 2.

If you dress like a normal human, iPhone 5, as you won't have a place to store your phablet without rocking some sort of elaborate murse.

4. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Its not a murse its a satchel like Indiana jones uses lol

5. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    That any android phone currently on the market is more powerful then the i5 is very, very debatable.

6. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

What about some sort of leather belt pouch used for storing your Galaxy Note 2, a YuGiOh deck, and enough d20's for an impromptu game of AD&D?

7. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    I was quoting the hangover....its a classic

8. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

9. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
  10. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Well, it'd fit well with the free "MY OTHER CAR IS A TARDIS" T-shirt you (apparently?) get when you buy an Android device.

11. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Geez dress him like link and give him a sword lmao

12. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    And the green cap. Don't forget the cap :D

13. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Not really iPhone users ran around quoting the geekbench score supposedly being better than the s3 when the iPhone 5 appeared so I'll use that for a guide.

[​IMG]

It's definitely got a better cpu than the iPhone, iPhone does have the better GPU which is why I said it's better for games but with the Note 2's quad core CPU and 2gbs of ram it's better for everything else

14. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I was talking about GPU performance, which is all that matters to me and to gaming. A phone simply does not need 2 GB of RAM and a crazy fast CPU (which drains battery quickly, I might add) to make phone calls or play games or anything else for that matter. On the other hand, the bump in ram and CPU clock speed might help with the bloated OS, so I guess it's not too bad of a tradeoff.

15. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Well I can see your biased I'm trying to be impartial though and I'd rather have the Note 2.

16. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

I'm genuinely curious why you spend so much time here. Is it some kind of requirement to patrol iOS forums as part of the Android Defense Force? Not that I mind or anything, it just seems like an odd way to spend your day.

17. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    If that's your preference go for it :)

18. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    #18 Teknikal, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    I'm into IOS gaming I just try to treat all tech equally there are pro's and cons to every device, I'm not an Android or Apple fanboy I have one of each and I just happen to think everything considered the Note 2 is the better phone unless of course your into gaming in which case the iPhone 5 is the better phone.

edit rather than making another post :

I'll add this comparison site for the original poster it lays out the advantages of each and they both do have pro's and con's, would also be a good idea to handle each beforehand just to get a feel of the size the note 2 might be a touch big for some people but it's not as huge as a lot people pretend it is either.

19. deadlock32

deadlock32 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Haha wow! Thanks guys! I am considering in getting one of my own Note 2. I hear the iPhone 5 is really bad. Is it really? And i do game alot but not ony that, i read news and do projects. One thing though, whats the real difference in specs between both? I know there obviously different but i just want to refresh my mind to make sure im oing to the right decision.

20. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Personally, I'm not really the biggest fan of the Note 2's form factor, so I'd go for the iPhone 5, especially if you already have a bunch of money invested in iOS apps. If you need a phone you can knock someone out with, then go for the Note 2.

In terms of the OS, the most recent version of Android is pretty much even with iOS (and has the ability to customize stuff if that's your thing- but really, what is there to really customize? Most of the custom stuff is pretty janky). iOS has better app support though, at least right now. There are several notable developers that don't release their games on Android, like Crescent Moon games.

Isn't this kind of hypocritical? Didn't you say the iPad was a 'portable gaming device'? Or was that another writer? I do agree that the Note 2 way too big though. Most of the people I see carrying iPads around pretty much fit that description, give or take.