LIMBO By Playdead

Discussion in 'Mac App Store Games' started by goiMot, Dec 21, 2011.

1. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    #1 goiMot, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
    Thanks to Crex for posting the link.

LIMBO

Playdead
    Uncertain of his sister's fate, a boy enters LIMBO. What the press said: “Limbo is as close to perfect at what it does…
    $9.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Uncertain of his sister's fate, a boy enters LIMBO. What the press said: “Limbo is as close to perfect at what it does as a game can get.” 10/10 – Destructoid “The game is a masterpiece.” 5/5 – GiantBomb “Limbo is genius. Freaky, weird genius. Disturbing, uncomfortable genius.” 5/5 – The Escapist “Dark, disturbing, yet eerily beautiful, Limbo is a world that deserves to be explored.” 5/5 – Joystiq Winner of more than 100 awards, including: Gameinformer’s “Best Downloadable” Gamespot’s “Best Puzzle Game” Kotaku’s “The Best Indie Game” GameReactor’s “Digital Game of the Year” Spike TV’s “Best Independent Game” X-Play’s “Best Downloadable Game” IGN’s “Best Horror Game”
    Information
    Seller:Playdead
    Genre:Adventure, Puzzle, Games, Action
    Release:Dec 21, 2011
    Updated:Nov 07, 2019
    Version:1.2.8
    Size:83.3 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    :eek: The real deal LIMBO? SCHWEEEET!!!

3. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Found the link:

LIMBO

Playdead
    Uncertain of his sister's fate, a boy enters LIMBO. What the press said: “Limbo is as close to perfect at what it does…
    $9.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Uncertain of his sister's fate, a boy enters LIMBO. What the press said: “Limbo is as close to perfect at what it does as a game can get.” 10/10 – Destructoid “The game is a masterpiece.” 5/5 – GiantBomb “Limbo is genius. Freaky, weird genius. Disturbing, uncomfortable genius.” 5/5 – The Escapist “Dark, disturbing, yet eerily beautiful, Limbo is a world that deserves to be explored.” 5/5 – Joystiq Winner of more than 100 awards, including: Gameinformer’s “Best Downloadable” Gamespot’s “Best Puzzle Game” Kotaku’s “The Best Indie Game” GameReactor’s “Digital Game of the Year” Spike TV’s “Best Independent Game” X-Play’s “Best Downloadable Game” IGN’s “Best Horror Game”
    Information
    Seller:Playdead
    Genre:Adventure, Puzzle, Games, Action
    Release:Dec 21, 2011
    Updated:Nov 07, 2019
    Version:1.2.8
    Size:83.3 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

4. madmud101

madmud101 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Wow. Great to see these indie classics making it to the Mac App Store. Looking forward to more in the new year!

5. Qurb

Qurb New Member

Dec 29, 2011
    Home of the Red Sox.
    I would love to get this on my iPod but I already have it on my PS3.

6. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    This was an awesome XBOX 360 game. But it's a bit short though. I think I finished it around 3 hours, maybe less. It was worth the $5 I paid for it on XBLA though

7. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    50% OFF: $4.99. For those who still don't have it, this is your chance. :eek:
    A wonderful experience!!!

8. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Is this going to become available for iPhone too?

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I believe there was a TA post a while ago saying Playdead were interested in bringing this to iPhone and iPad but it's been a while. Even though I have it on 360, Steam and even the DRM-free Humble Bundle version, having this in my pocket would probably make my life complete.

10. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Yeah I remember that post too, it was a couple months back I think and it's what initially made me think of it arriving on the iPhone. However, there was no clear indication that it would be arriving on the iPhone, but seeing it here gives me a lot of hope. I've never actually played this game so I am super excited about having it in my pocket too :D It looks fantastic.

11. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    Does look like promising movement to the iPhone. Can't wait.