"Play Marbles" on 1st Gen. iPod Touch!?!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by vaelsh, Aug 12, 2009.

1. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    Hey guys, I cannot explain how this happened, but somehow I downloaded Play Marbles and now it somehow runs on my 1st Gen. iPod Touch! What happened was that I downloaded Choobrie http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=319739112&mt=8 from the mobile App Store from my iPod Touch, then just for fun, I searched for "Play Marbles". I found Play Marbles by Darkside Entertainment, and hit the "Buy" button, and you can imagine my shock when I saw the game begin to download! :eek: It finished downloading, and I turned off my Touch and then turned it back on. I was even more shocked and amazed to see that when I touched the app icon, the game started up! :D Can anyone explain why/how this happened, and or is working on my 1st Gen. iPod Touch? It's really cool, but also a bit strange too...

2. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Seems as though the dev simply flipped a switch allowing the 1st gen touch to become compatible.

3. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    That's strange, because it said it was 2nd Gen. only, when I downloaded, but I guess you must be right! Woot! It's a great game, to be enjoyed by all!:D

4. Draven

Draven Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Hi guys

Last night we uploaded a massive update (1.1) for Play Marbles to Apple for Approval. In the meantime we have decided that, following feedback we have received here, we would activate the 1st gen compatibility now so that you could all get it downloaded and installed. It also gives you a chance to get used to playing it before the big update gets approved. The game functions as it does on the 2nd gen handsets, but the multiplayer side will just be Pass 'n' Play until the next update for the older 1st gen devices (1.2).

Enjoy the game and we look forward to your feedback and suggestions.

D

5. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    Thanks a lot Draven, will try to find a place where I can upload from my ipod through wifi!!! (resumes holiday ;) )