Universal Star Warfare: Alien Invasion - (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Asasnator

Asasnator Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Full time college student
    Oklahoma, OKC
    haha abuse? It actually makes the game slightly more balanced for the free users. =p the IAP players still are OP when they get their Energy Glove or the Laser Cannon close to or fully maxed out.

upload?? I don't know what you mean..Though if your talking about trying to put your data on two devices, simply just log onto your game center account on a different device and connect to the Star Warfare servers, and a window should pop up saying "download" or "cancel" and hit "download" when you try to connect. That should give you your data on your new device.

2. (SITH) StormTrooper Pilot

Apr 8, 2012
    killing
    beach
    The SITH are Coming....BEWARE MULTI PLAYERS...THE SITH ARE COMING

Beware>>>>the sith have made a clan for this game>>>>beware

3. xPHAGEx

xPHAGEx Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Music Glitch

Found an audio bug upon exiting the app.
    Exiting the app seems to reset the music option to "on" even after it has been turned "off" in the settings menu. I noticed this after turning "off" the music before switching to another app. When I returned, the music was still playing and appeared to be "off" in the settings menu.

4. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    New Update

Haven't messed around with the new weapon yet..but I'm still in shock at how much better you made the UI...o.o

Honestly I don't know if you could do a much better job for the online UI..its SOOO much faster then it was before and its so much easier to use as well! I'm quite impressed with the new UI you have implemented.

5. BlazinHand

BlazinHand Member

Feb 19, 2012
    some more sensitivity adjustment levels would be cool cuz the middle one is too low for me and the high one is too high :/

6. Phil1989

Phil1989 Member

Apr 11, 2012
    New update is pretty cool! UI has eben really improved!
    What do you think about the New weapon?

7. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    The new Railgun is alright...nothing to get all excited about. It's essentially a sniper weapon...the mechanics could be a lot better on it. The aiming need's to STOP moving when ever I stop moving the joystick. Because as of now for ALL weapons, the cross-heir will continue to move if the joystick is off the center of the circle...which it shouldn't. This makes it EXTREMELY hard to hit anyone with the Railgun. Though if they were to fix the aiming issue, it could be a really nice weapon. Fully upgraded it DOES NOT one shot players with full pegasus or phoenix armor, it takes two shots...which isn't bad, though your extremely lucky if your able to get one of your shots to be able to hit them, much less two. So the new Railgun is kinda pointless for now.

The new sword is pretty cool..I haven't bought because I could care less for swords of any kind. Though I saw someone use it and they killed me pretty fast, though I use atom armor and they use phoenix armor...so they either hack/cheat or pay good money. But anyways, the new sword looks pretty cool AND when you attack with it, it shoots out two "wind" blades to the left and the right of the sword, so it's pretty hard to miss.

They said they "balanced" pvp..but they didn't. They either did one of two things, or both. Either armor is a LOT weaker, or guns do a TON more damage, or both. And well as you can see..that doesn't balance anything...actually makes it MUCH worse. Now instead of me standing a slight chance against IAP players, I stand NO chance what so ever. They either kill me instantly or two shot me. and what can I do to them? It takes a couple hundred shots (though I'm sure its because I missed a few..though I'm sure it was only a few) to kill them...which means I have to be sneaky PLUS I die like 5 times before I kill them once.

**Developers, if you TRULY want to balance PvP, either do one of two things (or both preferably) make the host be able to choose whether or not to allow IAP gear in the game so everyone is on equal terms, OR make it to where all ARMOR is "free" so everyone has a more balanced playing field. I personally like both of those ideas.

Also, please let us be able to choose whether or not we want to have a spawn timer when we are creating a PvP game. Could also make it to where we observe a teammate's screen while we wait to respawn.

The new UI is..amazing, I don't really know where to start...anything that I had an issue with, you either fixed or made it even better then I thought you could. Honestly, awesome job with the new UI. +1

As for PvE, the new weapons don't add anything, continue to either use the atom armor combo with the Nova27, or use the M-2781 combo with the Thunder armor.

8. killah715

killah715 Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Freyr, please make new gear/weapons open only to rank 12 players... Top of the line stuff for top of the line players!

9. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    #609 Asasnator, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
    Yes, I would very much like to see a change in the way you have been making your armors. The designs are all really cool, but the stats you put on them are pathetic for the "free" users, we do not stand a chance against players with IAP armors and weapons. I'm not saying you shouldn't make IAP armors and weapons, but you should NOT be making them that much better then the "free" armors and weapons so that instead of the IAP armors completely destroying the "free" armors, they only instead provide a different strategy and both provide an equal chance at beating one another. They need to be balanced, or us "free" users need to be able to earn these IAP armors without to much trouble so we can be on par with those IAP players. I mean honestly, it takes close to month to be able to earn 100+ mithril, and that is if we play a lot every day. which means we would need to play for 2 months straight to be able to earn the phoenix armor, and then it would take another 2 or 3 weeks to be able to get 60 mithrl or so to buy a "decent" IAP weapon. So I really doubt any newcomer will be playing for that long a time with the intent to earn that much mithril each month. You need to provide more ways of earning mithril, or balance out the armors so us "free" users don't need to buy them.

10. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    That is how they can make money. The IAP weapons and armor have to be stronger. Why would any of it be the same or weaker than non IAP stuff? If it was like that, then they wouldn't need IAP anything, and the game would be ruined in my opinion.

11. xPHAGEx

xPHAGEx Member

Mar 28, 2012
    They should make gold an IAP. :D

12. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    #612 Asasnator, Apr 14, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
    Please explain how it will be ruined? This is a PAID app, the gear SHOULD be balanced IMO, though if they were to switch to a freemium type of game, then I would understand..kinda.

If the gear is balanced, it will only lead to an INCREASE in sales because more players will buy the game because it will be more balanced, plus its a PAID game and the IAP gear shouldn't overpower players. And honestly how many players do you think actually buy that IAP stuff? I'm sure a majority, not all, but a majority are all hackers and didn't pay a cent to the developers, and in doing that they more then likely made other players who were trying out the game without IAPs quit this game early. I only see this becoming a positive thing if they balance gear. Their is no NEED for the IAP gear to be better, you should try making a new profile without hacking or buying IAPs because its not easy at ALL to earn gold or mithril. With it being that difficult, the "free" users should be able to access just as good of content as the "IAP" players.

Though don't get me wrong I don't mind the IAPs at all, but the IAPs should not overpower the players who don't buy it. It should only be a way for players who are lazy or don't have enough time on their hands to earn everything, and let them be able to experience the end game content faster then doing it without IAPs. Also I don't mind if some of the "cool" looking weapons are IAPs as long as their are some equally as powerful "free" weapons as well (but they don't have to be as "cool" just only as powerful).

13. xPHAGEx

xPHAGEx Member

Mar 28, 2012
    People pay for the app to use it, that doesn't entitle them to completely dominate in it; people will have to pay extra or have no life grinding in "free play" for that privilege. It's like that for practically all games across any platform.

One could even (and has) argue(d) that the IAP armors/weapons are balanced (fair) because of the possibility to earn them via "free play," plus the option to pay for them. They're not going to be equal in comparison to "free" armor/weaponry because that's not their intended purpose -- they were simply designed to make money for the company, or be earned through exhausting hours of boring "free play." The bonuses to IAPs give people incentive to spend more AND play more. Making IAPs equal to "free play" gear would render them pointless.

The IAPs aren't the problem anyway, it's the match making, IMO. If the developers could somehow design match making based on armor/weapons, and not rank, there would be less complaining, IMO. Or as you (Asasnator) suggested, make the mith drop at a higher rate in a larger quantity for all users. That would increase equity for all kinds of players.

And no matter the game, there will always be someone better... with better gear, better skills, better whatever. If you (generally speaking) run into said players, find a way to beat them (IAP users are not invincible), or just find a different match/ game. ;)

Btw, regardless if players quit, Freyer has already earned their money upon the app purchase-- mission accomplished. And hey, if consumers bought the game to begin with, what's wrong with spending a lil more to survive the competition? Pretty smart, business wise.

14. Phil1989

Phil1989 Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Just a Short question, when you try to earn As much Gold As possible:

What Kind of armor du you use?
    And what weapon?

Thank you!

15. awesomeface123 11

Apr 16, 2012
  16. awesomeface123 11

Apr 16, 2012
  17. pocketpanda

pocketpanda Member

Apr 16, 2012
    can anybody tell me the best gear for pvping? pve? for both iAP and non please! Btw awesome game

18. kujen

kujen Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2012
    Yuck. I really liked it until I tried multiplayer. So unbalanced it's not even funny. :( Some guy flying around with a jetpack one shotting everyone while it takes me ages of shooting someone to kill them. Say what you want about thinking its balanced because I could apparently get the same weapon for free after a year of grinding, no thanks. If it was balanced there would be so many more people playing this believe me. But when a newbie joins and it's not even fun then they will leave.

Are there any Shooter games where say, the only IAP is aesthetic so the game is completely balanced? Anyone? :confused:

19. kcur

kcur Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    US
    You could always host your own game and limit it to players of your level.

20. awesomeface123 11

Apr 16, 2012
    star warfare

i agree !