Universal Bug Heroes (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Nekcik, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Lectrolux

Lectrolux Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Tokyo, Japan
    On the insectopedia, I am missing 4 bugs between "Firefly Warrior" and "Native Archer" (What the hell are the native bugs? I don't think I have ever seen them before) and also 4 bugs between "Spider Webber" and "Flea Shotgunner".

Anyone have any idea what bugs are missing and, if so, where do they unlock? I've played all maps on all difficulty settings so no idea how I have missed so many.

2. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Check the Insectopedia here: http://bugheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Insectopedia

They are all in order with pics, I am just finishing up copying over the info on them and will have the new bugs as well as info in there sometime very soon(still under construction). Hope it helps. ;)

3. COHagan23

COHagan23 Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2011
    There are some bugs unique to certain coliseum levels. Have you played all of those too?

4. Lectrolux

Lectrolux Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Tokyo, Japan
    #3384 Lectrolux, May 27, 2011
    Last edited: May 27, 2011
    Hmmm, I have encountered the crabbie etc. but they haven't unlocked??

edit: In fact, I have encountered the other 4 at the bottom also but they haven't unlocked. Anyone have any ideas??

5. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Your work on the Insectopedia deserves to be reposted ;)

Oh, I gave you and K admin privilegies the other day. Edit to yer hearts' content ;)

6. J-kid

J-kid Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    With only having bought the first IAP what is the best lineup?

7. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    All of the insects prior to the update were in the regular levels. I have not seen any new ones in the Colisseum, and I had all the prior ones unlocked.

8. alpinist

alpinist Member

May 13, 2011
    Turret idea

Here's an idea I just thought of regarding turrets:

Make a 5th food stash turret placement, and put it in the middle of the food stash and make it higher, like a crow's nest or something. This would give whatever turret you put there higher range (or more damage/productivity, as the case may be), but it also costs a bit more to place a turret there.

Just throwing that out there. I recall a previous conversation that discussed additional turrets.

9. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    #3389 GodSon, May 27, 2011
    Thanks Ayjona, I do appreciate it! :)

Sorry I've been busy but between studying for class and work, I have been inputting what I can. I'm hoping to have it done by this weekend and then we can fill it with user tips as well as add to the other pages.

I love the new level. I like thats very large and open. I almost thought for a 2nd there was going to be a puppy running around when I saw the paw prints and bowls(would be a sweet adduction to live things up kind of like the cat in the Yard stage). On hard mode, I'd consider calling the level "Bullet Hell" because man your seeing them from all directions like playing a SHUMP. :p It's definitely one of my favorites to play because there is a lot of different ways to play the level amongst different hero combos and turret setups. I absolutely love it!

I think if it was ever implemented maybe in a new level, the 5th slot would be for support turrets only, but it would be nice to see. I also wanted the idea, but to be honest, after these last couple updates Foursaken_Media has balanced things across the board with heroes/skills/turrets so well that it's not really need imo.

10. COHagan23

Jan 14, 2011
    As I generically mentioned earlier there are some insects you will only encounter in coliseum (since the LAST update). More specifically, check this post. Are those the entries you are missing?

11. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    Thanks CoHagan, I thought he was just referring to insects before the update (but now I see my memory was faulty, as some of those creatures I was thinking of were from the third Colisseum - picnic).

What insects have you encountered only in the Colisseums so far? Have you encountered them in all three Colisseums or just one?

12. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    How do you make your Signature show? I just added my Gamecenter Id to it, but it is not displaying on my posts.

Hm, now it shows, but I can't seem to delete this post...

13. Oxynidus

Oxynidus Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Round 31 in Tree Stump (Hard). Hero used: ...wait for it... Hopper! No exploits or abuse of abilities occurred.

14. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    #3394 GodSon, May 27, 2011
    Grats! Now thats something alot of us would not have expected to see...Hopper leading the pack on Stump/Hard mode.

Care to give us a breakdown on skills/stat allocating? :D

15. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Only Oxynidus could...

How did you fight off fleas? What abilities did you use?

16. COHagan23

Jan 14, 2011
    THAT is pretty badass. In recognition of your across the board ownage of BH Foursaken should make a new weapon for your favorite hero and name it the Oxy-cutioner.

17. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

18. Oxynidus

Oxynidus Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010

Stats: Faith -> Brawler -> Parry -> Health

Abilities used: Hop, Rocket Kick, Hopper Kick, Holy Aura, Inspire and Inner Chi.

First thing I went for are weapon upgrades.

Tactic: His attacks are rather random, so you have to be careful engaging in combat. Hopper is pretty fast, so you can keep your distance from most bugs, so what I did was kite them, and use Hop whenever I want to attack.

When groups of Fleas and Ant Warriors approach, stick to the edge, and when they get close, use Hop and knock them off the edge. When wanting to take care of more dangerous bugs like Scorpions and Bumble Bees, use Hop to stun them and start beating them up (Brawl and weapon upgrades would make things much easier).

When Queen Ants spawn, I grab a mushroom and use Hopper Kick, which is pretty much an instant-KO. When Elephant Snails and Giant Scorpions spawn, I have to work around them for a while, but I try to Hopper-kick them, preferably with a Mushroom, and maybe Inspire and Holy Aura.

At later rounds, there will be huge numbers of bugs in the middle, which will make tastey targets for your Inner-Chi and Rocket Kick. I use Inner-Chi when I'm targeting a lot of medium/large bugs, but Rocket Kick is the default because of its low cooldown and wider AOE + Stun. It's a great way to heal yourself with Faith.

Eventually you'll be able to afford the ultimate combo: Holy Aura + Inspire. Activate these two, and get a mushroom, and crush absolutely everything in your way (And throw in Hopper Kick if you want). Of course, you'd be activating to very long cooldowns (150 seconds and 100 seconds). In the next 150 seconds, you're going to have to survive on two ability slots (or just 1, if you used Hopper Kick), which would be Hop and Rocket Kick or Inner-Chi.

Do I think it's overpowered? Absolutely not. It was not easy at all.

19. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    :eek: *Heart stops* :eek: We're talking this July as well?!?!?! SWEEEET!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thanks Oxynidus for the insight. It definitely helps trying to further hone my skills with Hopper. ;)

20. J-kid

J-kid Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011