Beta Download Help

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Hdsn21, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Hdsn21

Hdsn21 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    I'm beta testing for Alive 4-ever Returns, and the beta download is a kind I've never seen before and don't know how to make it work. It's the adHoc version of the download I got and I have no idea what to do. I've tried 'Save Target As' but it doesn't do anything. Please help beta testers!

2. aznriceboi13

aznriceboi13 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    to die
    where rice paddies grow...
    well drag both the adhoc and the .app folder into itunes

3. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    If you are using Windows - make sure that you extract the files first - iTunes won't let you put the files in the app folder unless they have been extracted first. I have been told to put the provisioning file in first, then the Adhoc.app folder.

Drag to the library section of iTunes (upper left hand corner) and you will see it highlight - just drop it there, and it will install. Synch your iDevice and you should be in business.

4. Hdsn21

Hdsn21 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    No, like, I can't even get the link to work. I'll give a fake address but its like this: ftp://tempguest:[email protected]/L4DBT_adHoc_v1.356.zip Right between the end of tempguest: and download though, the links become different. Also the /L4 and so on isn't even a link. It's just text.

5. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

The thing that most people forget is to extract the files to a folder with .app at the end!

So for example, you would create a folder called "Alive4EverReturns.app"

Then extract the files from the zip folder to the new folder you just created. Then simply drag the .app folder and your mobile provision file into the library section of your itunes. Sync, and you should be good :D

If you have any other questions, feel free to post again (we used this method for our beta).

edit: hmmmm if the link doesn't work you'd have to take that up with the Meridian guys :/

6. aznriceboi13

Jan 18, 2010
    to die
    ah so you havent dl it yet, copy and paste it ALL of it, if you click it will not work

7. Hdsn21

Hdsn21 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    No, I've tried copy and pasting. If someone trustful can help me and not steal a code, then they can PM and I can show them. I've basically tried everything... and it's still not working...

8. aznriceboi13

Jan 18, 2010
    to die
    check your pm