Space Miner: Platinum Edition (by Venan Entertainment) [TA 2010 GotY]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Venan, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    all i see is ppl saying that its great. im sure it is. but what do you do?

2. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    INCREDIBLE ARCADE EXPERIENCE
    Blowing up asteroids has never looked this good! Gorgeous 3D graphics, dazzling particle effects, realistic physics, fully customizable controls, and over 30 simultaneous channels of movie-quality sound effects and music set a new standard for quality on the App Store.

HOURS OF GAMEPLAY
    Explore a massive, non-linear game world of 48 sectors, each filled with hidden dangers and valuable treasures! Earn mining licenses and activate navigation buoys to unlock new sectors and discover exciting missions. Uncover the nefarious motivations of Mega Space Corporation and put an end to their evil plans!

GO FROM RAGS TO RICHES
    Take your bucket of bolts ship and turn it into a sleek battle cruiser. Outfit it with the latest technologies, from Starcore weapon systems to the Infinity Loop reactor, and see your ship change with each modification. Thousands of possible combinations let you build a ship to fit any play style!

A GREAT STORY UNFOLDS
    Enjoy a hilarious story and top-notch writing as you uncover a tale of galactic proportions, featuring over a hundred scripted scenes and gorgeous character portraits!

ULTIMATE REPLAY VALUE IN NEW GAME+ MODE
    Just because you've finished the game once, don't think you've experienced everything Space Miner has to offer! Start a new game with all the alien technology you've found, and try to conquer the ultimate Space Miner challenge: HardcORE Mode!

3. starmonkey101

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    soooooo..... it is a shooter? like meteor blitz?

4. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #84 Vovin, Feb 6, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2010

It's a space-asteroid-mining-rpg-shooting-&-exploring-game. Don't ask. Just buy it. You won't regret it.

Or read Blake's review. There's every said. If not, look for the thread in the forum (upcoming games), where every question is answered.

Blake's review:
    http://toucharcade.com/2010/02/06/space-miner-space-ore-bust-rpg-shooter-excellence/

5. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Man this game just plain sucks

up all my time. Really nice title, can't recommend it enough.

6. RiverOnFire

RiverOnFire Well-Known Member

Having Plus+ right out of the box is a nice touch too.

I'm still stuck on the Alien Code mission. I think I have to upgrade my weapons before trying again. Also, has anyone tried having the thruster button off? I like that option!!!!

Congrats Dev! You guys really hit it out of the park with this one!

7. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    I also wanna input that the sound design is perfect. The sound of an asteroid exploding is seriously nice through headphones.

8. Venan

Venan Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Concerning braking - This wasn't explained too well, but you can stop if you let go of both the wheel and the thrust button. (Or just the wheel if you are playing without the thrust button.)

@RiverOnFire - I play without the thrust button personally:)

9. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #89 Vovin, Feb 6, 2010

Hey, Brandon - how do you feel right now after reading the whole thread? :)
    Have you thought about my offer?

Phew - personally, I like braking by thrusting in a hard u-turn best. Gives me a James-Bond-feeling. ;)

10. Venan

Venan Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Well, I've been running Venan for 7.5 years now.

I think this weekend may be my professional high point.

I'll PM you about localizing. Right now I'm just trying to find time to type this while watching my kids:)

11. darchinst

darchinst Well-Known Member

May 26, 2009
    manager
    Shreveport, la
    A lot of thought was put into making this. Seriously a great, detailed game. The dialog is awesome and funny, the different values for the different colored rocks, the fighting, seeing your upgrades on your ship in-game, all the side-missions, etc etc etc. I'm so glad I bought this.

DEV,

I have had one bug. I was in a sector playing and exited the game. When i started the game back, it brought me right back to where I was (great). There was a searchable ship near me when I exited. So I hit resume, flew over and searched the ship, and at the end of the search, the game crashed. I started it back up, hit resume, searched the ship, and crash. I did this 4 times and it crashed every time. The fifth time, instead of searching the ship, I flew around, destroyed a few rocks, and went back to base with no problem. So it has to be the ship searching. I don't know if it has to do with me exiting and resuming. I'm using an iphone 3g 8gb jailbroken.

12. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #92 Vovin, Feb 6, 2010

O.k., no problem for me to translate your AppStore description perfectly into the German language. Already done this a few times for other devs.
    Oh, I never charge a fee or take money. Consider it as a favour. ;)

13. Venan

Venan Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Thanks for posting this and the steps used. We'll look into it and address it in our next update. Let me know if it crashes if you go back to that sector again and search the ship.

14. kjell1979

kjell1979 Member

Sep 29, 2009
    So when I see asteroid RPG, I automatically think of Armada for the Dreamcast. Is this game anything like Armada?

15. LKR

LKR Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Earth
    If Armada was insanely great, then yes, it is.
    Seriously, don't worry about what this may be like — just get it, you won't regret it. :)
    This game is amazingly fun.

16. Coops58

Coops58 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    I said don't look here!
    hype like this from users is better than any add(even that geared add that just showed up) I just used the money I was going to spend on laberinyth 2 on this but it looks great so I'll see.... hmmmm

17. Fedorov

Fedorov Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    For some reason I could never get into Meteor Blitz even though I knew it had great controls, but the story/humour, amazing detailed graphics and the simple RPG elements I think can get ANY type of gamer hooked on this game as it seems to balance and combine a bit of everything.

Loving it with a good set of headphones on :)

18. merkamerka

merkamerka Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Game Impressions

Game's Fun but...

I can't play my own music? man that's not cool. Unless I'm not looking into it enough. Seriously fix it so I can play my own playlist, the music is fine, but I definitely don't want to hear it, and rather have my own stuff blasting.

19. starmonkey101

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    i dont really like duel stick shooters that much. i mean, they are ok. but is this still recommended for me?

20. iball

iball Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    It's not a dual-stick shooter.
    It's the only game I've been playing since it released.