A request to Glu

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Slayer_megadeth, May 4, 2009.

1. Slayer_megadeth

Slayer_megadeth Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Student
    India
    Hey people, I recently went through the new games in N-Gage on my Nokia N82 and here's what i found Age of Empires III! being the RTS Junkie that i am i immediately downloaded it and boy o boy it's a blast. Best N-Gage game I ever had. Since Glu has made it's way into the Appstore here's a sincere request from an age old AOE fan. Please port it onto the iPhone. We still don't have any decent RTS game (apart from Warfare inc.) and i'm getting sick of those time management games. Hope this makes it's way into their offices

PS: I would happily pay $10 for AOE

2. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    Agreed 100% - I would love to see AOE made for the iphone

3. Axl Lowe

Axl Lowe Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Don't tell them you would pay 10 dollars for it, because then that's what they'll charge.

4. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Well, they have to take in the fact that all the customurs that will buy this.
    Not just about 1 person and 10 lousy bucks...... More like 1000's of people and 1000's of dollars.

5. Phil_Synowiec

Phil_Synowiec Well-Known Member

I would love to see AOE on iphone!

6. sticktron

sticktron Well-Known Member

I have AOE for my cell phone (RAZR2), and it's quite playable, believe it or not.
    So I think RTS is definately doable on the idevice.

EA is supposedly bringing Command & Conquer to the App Store, which should be awesome. I can't wait for that.

7. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    why is there no good RTS for the iPhone!?! haha don't tell me warfare inc, that's the same game i played like 4 years ago on my Palm!

When i had my BB, i had AOE1 and it worked fine, i don't understand why this isn't the perfect device for RTS.

8. Slayer_megadeth

Slayer_megadeth Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Student
    India

My words exactly. Touchscreen is a favorable toolfor RTS games. An oh yeah i fogot
    Westward. Love that game too

9. dudehuge

dudehuge Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    That's why we can't have nice things coz of cheapos like you. Ten dollars is nothing for a solid experience. If you want cheap games, go and buy the tens of thousands of crapware on the iPhone.

I'll pay 10 bucks for it in a heartbeat. Get to it GLU!

10. Wegmans

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    Agreed, I forgot about Westward, it was great and kept me interested till the end..

i'm kind of sick of all the futuristic games out there (though i would settle for Starcraft omg) so i'd like to see more historic RTS, maybe like Rome:Total War?

PLEASE?

11. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Oh... :( I thought this was going to be a request for Glu to fix their egregious load times. Carry on!

12. Wegmans

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    +1 for your vocabulary! not a big fan of forum vernacular...