★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

PuzzleQuest: Galactrix *New Game*

03-01-2009, 12:10 AM
PuzzleQuest: Galactrix *New Game*

Before I get anyone excited, this game is not for the iPhone/Touch.
At least not that I know of (which is the reason I'm making this thread.
For those of you that play PuzzleQuest, you know how awesome it is. Well a new PuzzleQuest was just released on PC/DS/PS3/360.

Here are some screenshots of the PC version:

Does anybody know if this game is being ported to the iPhone?
I imagine it would do quite well considering the success of the current PuzzleQuest.
03-01-2009, 12:21 AM
I haven''t heard yes or no as to whether it will be ported.. hopefully PQ is doing well on the iPhone and they'll have incentive to port Galactrix over..

03-01-2009, 12:23 AM
Galactrix doesn't suit me. I am more of a fan of the medieval magic rpg, but space battles is pretty creep.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
03-01-2009, 12:24 AM
Obviously there are no announcements yet on a port and I doubt the creators would go on this thread and make the announcement here But with that being said, I do think it's kind of inevitable that this game will eventually be ported to the iphone. A fun casual game with rpg like elements is a win/win situation for most people
03-01-2009, 12:27 AM
If they did do a port, there'd have to be a major graphic change. I could barely read the text on my computer. I can only imagine the idevice version.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
03-01-2009, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kita View Post
Obviously there are no announcements yet on a port and I doubt the creators would go on this thread and make the announcement here But with that being said, I do think it's kind of inevitable that this game will eventually be ported to the iphone. A fun casual game with rpg like elements is a win/win situation for most people
How is it obvious? I haven't heard one thing about, but that doesn't mean everyone else didn't. Is there a hidden message on every screenshot saying "no announcement yet for a port"? No no, that wouldn't make sense, it has to be obvious, not hidden. Silly me.

But what is obvious is that they aren't coming to this thread, and I'm very well aware of that. Who in their right mind would post a thread with such intentions of trying to gather the attention of the game developer?

If you read my original post, you'd see that I asked if "anyone" knew if this game would be ported. Go post your assblabbery elsewhere please.
03-01-2009, 01:40 AM
I have it on DS but the graphics are quite small/grainy/bad -- I don't like it as much as Puzzle Quest so far (which I LOVE). That said, I'd still spend ~$10-15 to have it on my iDevice.
03-01-2009, 01:40 AM
It's not likely that it will come out anytime soon

So far reports on the DS version say that loading time is a major issue. It's about 5 secs before a fight, after a fight, status screen, and quest screens. Considering those screens make up about... 98% of the game it seems that time adds up in a big way.

Plus we haven't even got all of the first Puzzle Quest (and the font still isn't readable, I don't care who says different)
03-01-2009, 01:42 AM
Wrong forum, mate. This is for Iphone and Ipod Touch Games, not other consoles.
03-01-2009, 02:08 AM
I'm sure sooner or later this will make it's way to the iDevices
Let's just hope they do a better job at porting it then they did originally with Puzzle Quest..