Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Yep, same for me. I'm hoping for long lines that let me explore the pond while I wait to vote.

2. Fawnzie

Fawnzie Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Hi everyone! Long time no see!
    I've been having lots of fun building up my froggydex, still only at 5% though lol. Thanks to Dean & Danjarus for all the gifts! I espically liked getting the Tangelo Chroma Lanterna on Halloween!

I've been so busy completing weekly sets that I've have become low on coins, so if anyone happens to have a couple of Tangelo Ceres Gyrus for the Iced Tea set that they could send my way, that would be awesome!

I haven't updated the game yet, but my game center name is Oryian, need to get to some wifi and update, I'll try to do this today.

Thanks Fawnzie / Oryian

3. JoEllynO

JoEllynO Active Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Wisconsin, USA
    Sent vicis. Enjoy!
    JoEllynO

4. zeady

zeady Active Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I am thinking Golden Picea Volta for Charlie Brown.

5. AndiNZ1970

AndiNZ1970 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    New Zealand
    The Volta was the first of the new breeds I found, and I also thought instantly of Charlie Brown.

6. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    #24906 lisianne, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
    Thanks, awboj, received both.

As for the trading part, that's separate in my mind from "asking." I always reciprocate & randomly just send stuff. Yes, I agree, it feels good. It didn't feel good to me to ask. I'm soooo not a typical gamer...

I'm more patient than most but I first bought the Express MB because I really wanted it. I later sprung for the Babyproofing because I loved the game & wanted to encourage NB to continue to support it & update it. This, BTW, was before there were even 16 habs.

Yes, "chilling tale" but you warmed the cockles (huh? where are they?) of my heart with your kindness, MartiNZ & did receive both frogs.

It's worth seconding that, even within the same message.

I view consumables (potions & stamps which can be used up) quite differently than non-consumables (Babyproofing & Express MB which keep on giving).

Received the Axis, Nirtew. Many, many thanks to a longtime PF buddy. My foreman is still unbudging on the potion, stamp, & benefits stuff, however.

Dear Dark Laser Star (my code name for you),

He is a total & complete &%^#@!!. 'scuse my punctuation but strong symbols are needed here, dlstar!

Most grateful to receive the Hennae & Quilta. They are currently in good company in my MB along with the other generous gifts from others above. Sent you an Emblema of my appreciation of your understanding, humor, & kindness.

Oh, java, thanks so very much Hennae big hug to you as well. There's no room in my MB currently but there will be soon. Hear, hear for the Coclearis!

Clearly you're not as far in the game in terms of level. Instead, I sent you an Aceris for Level 19.

Just requested you as friend but can't send Figularis until you accept. It's sitting in my Nursery. I'll save it for you.

Ah, yes, voting. I think my battery would have run down just doing early voting! Incredible how many people on a mid-day on Friday would find it critical to cast their ballots & be willing to wait an hour or more in a large community civic center.

Interesting factoid about voting I heard on the radio: 95% of Australians vote, the highest percentage in any country. Are they just more patriotic? No way to know. Their election day is a holiday & EVERYONE is expected to vote. If they don't & don't have a valid excuse, they are fined $20 & are absolutely expected to pay up.

p.s.: This may be redundant but I always put my thanks in a p.s., if only to keep track of it myself. So ponds' full of thanks to awboj for the Pistrix, Favus, & Nebulus, MartiNZ for the Favus & Foramen, Nirtew for the Axis, dlstar for the Hennae & Quilta, & Andi, whom I didn't thank above, for the Americano.

p.p.s.: DO VOTE! No matter what your political persuasion, hair color, or shoe size, it's a fantastic privilege &, I think, a civic duty as well. Plus, it gives you the opportunity to say that you did all you could do if the candidate you support is not elected.

7. lisianne

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    I thought of a checkers or chess set with the Scutulata & bank robbers set with the Levar. The Mustacium + Partiri would be a good barber shop quartet set.

8. JoEllynO

JoEllynO Active Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Wisconsin, USA
    Sooo glad I'm not the only one that sees Star Trek, Charlie Brown and Harry Potter characters (and that's just for starters) when looking at the cute froggies.
    I like the maroon aurum figularis for Harry Potter over the black because that is the Gryffindor color. Still pondering what to do about he who shall not be named.

JoEllynO

9. lisianne

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Figularis sent. Enjoy!

10. zeady

zeady Active Member

Jan 2, 2012
    A black muscus serpentis?

11. haf8275

haf8275 Member

Sep 11, 2011
    thanks

Thank you to all who have sent me frogs in the last week or so. I apologize that I don't remember who sent what. All the new breeds are not solidified in my memory! I rarely come on to the forum, so forgive my lack of "personal" thanks. I'm trying to breed enough new frog breeds to gift back to you all! So, gifts are forthcoming.

Happy frogging!

12. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Voting took me less than 10 minutes, so I didn't even have time to get my phone out! I guess that's what happens when you live in a relatively small city. I hear that it took the early voters in my county much longer, so I'm glad I waited.

On another note, thanks to everyone who sent me sets and frogs lately. Having this community is the biggest draw to playing the game. Hopefully soon I will have something worthwhile to return all the favors I've been given! If anyone ever has something lower level that they need for a set or whatever, I can definitely work on it. Yay for Babyproofing!

13. awboj

awboj Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Albury, Australia
    Foramen sent, and thanks for my pressies.

14. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Just hit fake 55% on the dex so I have added 368 frogs since the update, and mainly Nebulae, up over 200 of them in the dex now, and looking forward to finishing.

Thanks to -all- for recent gifts, damn I really should remember better who was involved - I know dean and lisianne at least, and there were 2xAmericanos from someone, thanks, I have a request for one of that breed :D. Such an impressively organised thank you post from lisianne, and I can't even remember a few names lol.

15. awboj

awboj Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Albury, Australia
    I have received so many frogs in the last few days and starting to realize the value of recording gifts! I haven't been part of a forum like this before so it's all new. But thank you to all who've sent gifts and I think I will do as others on this and just send frogs out randomly unless someone asks for something specific.

Maybe it would be a good idea to include not only GC id in the signature, but also what you are dexing or wanting to receive, so I know, for example, if I run into frogs starting with 'A' they can go to dean etc?

Anyway, loving the forum and all my new GC friends. Thanks!

16. Mindion

Mindion Active Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Restaurant Owner
    Thanks for the frogs over the last few days people, i have been busy with my restaurant and not able to do much.

I wanted to report back about my multi breed wheel,

well...

i see flaws

in that, if i have each breed in a different color, i will have to tame other colors from that breed in order to complete my dex. i can do each color that i have, but not sub colors, so this wheel is very incomplete.

i didnt want to have 10 habitats full of breeding frogs, which is why i tried to do my own, but its not going to work. so i guess its back to breeding by one breed.

17. Hero Killer Id

Hero Killer Id Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    #24917 Hero Killer Id, Nov 6, 2012
    Anyone spare a Palma? GC = Death By Fiction I can send back a equal value frog in trade. I just can't think of all the new breeds I have at the moment. Any help is appreciated.

My wife wants to make a frog with bloody hand prints and was upset when it didn't breed for her lol

18. dlstar

dlstar Well-Known Member

#24918 dlstar, Nov 6, 2012
    firstly, thanks for the emblema, I'll keep an eye out for it. I am supremely grateful that I am self employed in the Frog Business and need answer to no one but myself. I am a very laid back boss and give myself plenty of breaks and a generous overtime allowance. I have no pressure to collect all the new frogs in zero time, and am really enjoying not having them all yet - gives me stuff to look forward too! And if I desperately need something for a set or request I can just place any order with Frogazon (or one of its subsidiaries) and now that my order will be filled with the love and care that I would provide myself. :)

Secondly - voting is compulsory here Down Under, and I'm pretty sure the fines are a lot more than $20!! I am very glad at the moment to be able to say "I didn't vote for that @&)(&@@$" when our current premier screws over another 20,000 public servants.

19. zorakite

zorakite Member

Jan 19, 2011
    You are soooooooo welcome! The foramen you sent completed my goal of getting at least one of each new breed! HALLELUJAH! I can send more gifts and slow down on the "ponding" HEE HEE

Can I send you anything in particular? ������

20. zorakite

zorakite Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Millions of thank you's to awboj, Erin336, JoEllynO, lisianne and anyone I have forgotten for helping me obtain all the new frog breeds!

I will still be active gifting frogs if anyone needs them....

Game Center ID: Madmaze####