Most apps won't install ever since I got iOS 7.1

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JCho133, Apr 21, 2014.

1. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I am on 7.1.1 and never had a problem either when I updated or now. Smooth as a sandpaper.

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Wait a second......

3. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Haha. I did have two apps (Robots Love Ice Cream and another one) that had some trouble installing. RLIC even installed two icons on my phone, one regular and another one a little bit faded out and without name and didn't react to any tap, , was freaked out for a second but was solved with a restart. Nothing else.

4. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    But sandpaper is bumpy

5. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    Here are a few things that you can try that sometimes can help get the connection to the App
    Store working again. Go to Settings>General>Date and Time>Set Automatically>Off. Set the date one year ahead. Try
    to download or update the apps again. If you get an error message, go back to the settings.
    Correct the date and time (set automatically) then go back and try to download or update the apps
    again. Or .... Reboot the iPhone by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about
    10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider - let go of the buttons. Or .... Sign out of your account, restart the iPhone and then sign in again. Settings>iTunes & App Store>Apple ID. Tap your ID and sign out. Restart the iPhone by holding
    down on the sleep button until the red slider appears and then slide to shut off. To power up hold
    the sleep button until the Apple logo appears and let go of the button. Then Sign in by installing an app through AppStore.
    And if you haven't updated to 7.1.1 yet Backup your device update it and restore your backup. That might help too.

6. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Do you have any advice on how to get a 3rd Generation Apple TV to connect to the App Store/iTunes again?