Universal Heroes and Castles - (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nice... Does that mean Burion's avatar will also show as a taller character?

2. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    This game is great by the way but Im stuck on Level 19.Any tips would be greatly appreciated.Those super orcs with duel blades are homicidal maniacs.I cant seem to kill them all.

3. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Not for these - the main difference being that in BH there wasn't much persistence with the characters. In this one since all the characters are purely persistent, we didn't want you to have to re-level up every skin.

Yep, he's a brute ;)

4. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    What hero are you playing with?

5. Bobus X

Bobus X New Member

Jul 28, 2012
    This crashing is driving me nuts. Had to repeat stage thirty three times so far due to crashes...

6. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    #1146 Biggavelli, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
    Paladin ... isn't this the best character?

7. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Build up your walls, towers and wall units. Don't worry about foot soldiers. When the trolls come, hit them once and get them to chase you. Build up a pile of them and let your ballista towers and riflemen kill them while they chase.

Try to get 4 mines up right away, then start improving walls and getting riflemen up. Once you have a good force on your wall, focus on the towers. A repairman and a longbeardman are helpful as well.

The important thing is to not worry about killing the orcs, just make sure they chase you. Your defenses should take care of the rest.

8. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    I don't think there is a "best" character.

My favorite was the paladin until I started playing co-op and realized that nobody plays defense. Now, the engineer is BY FAR my favorite.

9. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Engy gets disgusting post 50. Ive pumped dmg and using a 35 +35 dmg leg rune and I just demolish tons.

Anyone experiment with armor? Is it a flat -1 dmg taken per armor? Trying to debate between health and armor and I have 8pts saved up.

10. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    I hope TA has some front page love for this game coming sometime soon. It deserves to be on as many people's devices as possible.

The game has pushed the boundaries of what is possible on our mobile computers.

I guess it doesn't need TA pushing it at this point but I always want the really good games to get the recognition regardless of if they are indie or mainstream because it it makes this site credible when the best experiences get this recognition.

Maybe they are completing the campaign before commenting which is no mean feat by all accounts ! I myself am currently at lvl 20 with all 3 chars trying to beat notorious lvl 19 ! Lol

11. SamF1sh

SamF1sh Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    What are seem strategys? I only just beat the first fog level and that was by smothering them with only peons and having one gold mine I almost lost. What do you do? As in, how do you start off?

12. sdiggbot

sdiggbot Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    Canada
    This thread is huge and filled with tips and strategies every couple pages....just go back and read a bit rather than ask the same questions everyone else has?

Build gold mines, upgrade castle walls, then depending on your hero's build and subsequent play style, there are many different ways to succeed....mortar towers+forge are ridiculous when upgraded, 4 ballistas annihilate big targets, rifleman do a preety good job of taking out medium level dudes, specially when you have a dwarven hut and or Longbeard.....Pikemen are pretty serious when upgraded with a Smith....different levels will call for different strategies.

Most important, when faced with massive damage dealing tanks, get their attention and kite them as much as possible (basically hit em once to draw aggro and just have them chase you)

Right now the game is set as such that there is a maximum amount of enemies
    and no more will spawn unless one dies....soooooo, when you have a good enough income going, and beefy walls, you can literally just sit there and repair and pick off enemies at your leisure (without ANY units/towers whatsoever)

13. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Yeah, sdiggbot posted some great tips. It also really depends on which hero you're using and which level you're having trouble with. Different hero/level, different strategy ;)

14. SamF1sh

SamF1sh Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    Yeah, but do you build a gold mine first or summon some units?

15. sdiggbot

Feb 23, 2012
    Canada
    I'm at level 47 with my engy and it is getting pretty silly. I have a 70% crit rune so I've been pumping damage as well....how are you grinding out your levels? Co-op or just endless?

16. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Gold mines. Definitely Gold mines. Can't get units without Gold. :D

17. sdiggbot

Feb 23, 2012
    Canada
    Mines, always...i cant think of any level where i couldn't deal with the initial enemies long enough to get at least 3 mines

18. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    See, here's what I meant by is depends on which hero you're using, and which level you're playing. If you're using Knight, you can build up your Gold mines up to +3 , and handle the first waves of enemies yourself (again, depending on which level).

Whereas, with Paladin, he really relies heavily on units. And with him you might need to just bulld your mines to +2 for starting waves, then summon some Pikemen.

Hope that helps a bit.

19. BrushMyNoseOff

BrushMyNoseOff Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Coach / Photographer
    NYC
    #1159 BrushMyNoseOff, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
    Interested where you Engineers are allocating your SPs. I maxed out the Passive abilities and now can't decide if I should be pumping my points into damage, crit or elsewhere. I understand it depends on your play style a bit, but I want to see what was successful for some of you level 25+?

Cheers!

20. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    GEneral strategy that I would suggest past the first 5 levels is to get at least 2 mines first, and dont use peons. It seems like beginners buy into the peon horde with academy backup and imagine an unbeatable horde of minions, but its a waste of money. Upgrade your pikemen till max asap and use them as your base troop. Then captains and blacksmith/captains hut is the superior backup build by far. You can feel overwhelmed at first but when those pikemen come marching out and stabbing stuff u will have the field comfortably.