Might & Magic Clash of Heroes (universal) by Ubisoft [$4,99 -> $0,99]

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Pipipitchu, Jul 17, 2013.

1. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I paid 30 quid for this on the DS and loved every minute of it so unless the aforementioned bugs are fundamentally game breaking then for 69p its a no brainer. In fact for full price it's still a no brainer, the only reason I've held off until now is because I've already played it to death.....

2. drach

drach Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    I finished the game on the DS as well, and then I bought the game again for my iPad 3. I finished it again and it was pretty stable. I had a rare crash but overall it was fine. It's really an enjoyable game that teases like it's a match 3 game but is really quite different. It's great for a casual game RPG, but is much different than the regular HOMM games.

3. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Did the game used to have full screen ads on it? They're a bit annoying

4. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    On sale again.

5. zdn1042

zdn1042 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2013
    #25 zdn1042, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
    Sorry, I created a new thread about the sale. I didn't see there's already an existing one. I did use the search tool although I didn't see any matches for a sale thread on the first page (I thought the search results would show the threads with the exact match first. I searched using the keywords 'Might & Magic', my bad I should have searched using the full title).

6. Pixel_Gamer

Pixel_Gamer Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Do not buy this. It's still broken from game breaking bugs.

7. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    It has also a weird action to delete a character where some times it works and some times it doesn't.
    It works in ios 7 but I think that some users upgrading from ios 6 to 7, their game has been corrupted if I am not mistaken.

8. zdn1042

zdn1042 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2013
    I could have used that tip 5 minutes ago. Hahaha, oh well. :confused:

9. Dunan

Dunan Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Australia
    If I may ask, what sort of game breaking bugs are present?

10. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Ya how bad are the bugs? Game looks good.

11. Pixel_Gamer

Pixel_Gamer Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    I tried getting back into the game about 3 times since I first bought it. My save files got corrupted twice during Act 2 and once during Act 3. Just go through the main thread, you'll see all the player complains there.

12. nkarafo

Mar 2, 2011
    One serious gameplay bug for example that it has occured to me twice and I have played this game only few times is when playing multiplayer with other person.

We have both taken the elf because I have not unlocked the other heroes yet and I have the deer. Some time my deer attacked the other person and it was forwarding ahead, it did NOT do any damage and went out of the screen but the sound of animal stepping was stuck and you hear it ALL THE TIME in infinite loop until we finished the battle. And the same thing happened twice in different games, different days.

And if I am not mistaken in the forum topic where some persons have complained regarding the corrupted saves, the developers don't respond. It's like the support is dead. It's a pity because overall the game is outstanding, I have played it in PC and I have finished it in xbox360. That's why I didn't want to complete for another time in ios.

In general, this port is not so awful but if you will encounter a corrupted save in the future because of upgrading ios version or to other excuse then you will hate it because you will have spent many hours and you cannot do anything to solve it.

13. nkarafo

Mar 2, 2011
    I sent a private message to a developer (Irina) and if she will reply to me regarding the support, I will let you know.

14. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    On sale again for $0.99 - last time it was on sale was Jan of 2014. An excellent puzzle / match / rpg (or so I am told) - I have been waiting for it to go on sale - so I have purchased it.

15. musicalmac

musicalmac Active Member

Nov 21, 2014
    I've only played a single battle so far and there weren't any noticeable issues (iPhone 6). Works okay to me.

Did chew on my battery more than I expected though. Noticeably more so than far prettier games (like Asphalt 8).

16. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Started playing this again. Such a good game. Would be great if it got updated to 64bit, but I'm sure it won't. May be my last playthrough :(