★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
04-09-2014, 05:33 AM
#11
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: London
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldcitizen1919 View Post
Deleting it. Too many crashes make it unplayable. Was willing to buy stuff but doesn't look like this gets much support.
Sorry to hear about this, we're investigating the crash at the moment. It's frustrating for us because we can't respond (or even contact) users who experience issues unless it's via these forums really.

Hardly anyone ever emails us

But anyway, yup, we're investigating and are hopeful!
04-09-2014, 08:47 AM
#12
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: London
Posts: 160
Good news! We think we've narrowed down the crash. If you are experiencing frequent Word Explorer crashes, please try the following to sort it out, and let us know on here if it works!

Go into Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Word Explorer and turn them OFF.

The bug is to do with the 'offers plane' trying to figure out which flag to display using the location-based settings.

Hopefully that solves it for now, and we will of course submit a fix in the first update.

04-17-2014, 10:33 AM
#13
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: London
Posts: 160
Word Explorer version 1.2 is now available on the App Store! This version fixes that nasty crash bug that was affecting some users outside of Europe and North America, as well as many other tweaks and bug fixes.

Check it out, and be sure to let us know what you think!
04-17-2014, 06:59 PM
#14
Great little game, and made by a true hero
04-18-2014, 10:24 AM
#15
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppyNation View Post
Word Explorer version 1.2 is now available on the App Store! This version fixes that nasty crash bug that was affecting some users outside of Europe and North America, as well as many other tweaks and bug fixes.

Check it out, and be sure to let us know what you think!
Great! I'll download it now as I deleted it because it just kept crashing. It was the BEST word game I've ever played so I'll hopefully be able to play now. Many thanks in advance. (Touch wood or rather touch words he he)
05-06-2014, 11:21 AM
#16
Well, I've reinstalled it and finished a couple of zones. Now I'm stuck with not enough money to travel anywhere because I bought a camera and, funnily enough, a travel discount. Earning cash by replaying levels is extremely tedious since you only get 50-60 coins each time. That's just bad game design. Why give the player unlocks if you know they won't have enough money to keep playing if they purchase them? At least implement a coins-for-ads system, that's what many do these days.

Though several times I've encountered a plane bonus that gave me an option to travel to Brazil for half the price. The problem is, pressing "yes" did nothing. What's up with that?
07-06-2014, 11:05 AM
#17
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 128
Hey I don't know if any one can help me, but it seems to work fine on my ipod touch 4th generation, the only problem is I can't seem to find any way past anywhere beyond South/North America, and I have completed the European section, and that section all in gold can anyone help, because I want to go further?
07-06-2014, 12:03 PM
#18
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeJews View Post
Though several times I've encountered a plane bonus that gave me an option to travel to Brazil for half the price. The problem is, pressing "yes" did nothing. What's up with that?
I had that, worked out what situations it occurred in and reported it to the devs near launch. Can't believe it's not been fixed yet!


Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesfish30 View Post
Hey I don't know if any one can help me, but it seems to work fine on my ipod touch 4th generation, the only problem is I can't seem to find any way past anywhere beyond South/North America, and I have completed the European section, and that section all in gold can anyone help, because I want to go further?
I haven't played since shortly after launch, but that's all there was then, and I haven't seen anything to suggest they've added new regions since.
07-16-2014, 07:24 AM
#19
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 128
Hey has anyone actually made it past Europe, South America, North America yet, if so I would like to know how, as I can't even find a way to get Russia.