How to Fix UPNP Connection Problem for Modern Combat Multiplayer (LINKSYS ROUTERS)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Vinny554, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Vinny554

Vinny554 Well-Known Member

#1 Vinny554, Dec 5, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
    Ok, the update we've all been waiting for finally came out, and doesn't even work....WTF. This tutorial shows you how to fix the:
    "Your router does not have UPNP enabled"
    error. This is for LINKSYS ROUTERS only. So if you dont have a linksys, this wont work.

NOTE:
    For those who have never used your routers configuration before, please do not mess with anything else. Only go to the specified regions. I am not responible for any screwups you have. Use at own risk.

Ok.
    This is very simple and short. All you gotta do is go to the routers configuration menu by going to any Browser and typing in:
    http://192.168.1.1

Click enter.

A username-password thing will appear as shown.
    [​IMG]

Type in "admin" in the password section. Nothing in the username section.

Then move your way over to a section heading "Password" (NOTE: On the newer routers it's in a section titled "Administration")

Then enable UPNP as shown:
    [​IMG]

Click Apply! Done!

Ok now for some reason, after this worked, AND the serach option in Sandstorm stopped crashing, the server still cant find games, load the leaderboard, or create a game. I beleive this is just a problem with the gameloft servers. So when you guys do this, let me know in this thread if you're experiencing the same problem.

Seeing howas I cant find a game, if anyone wants to play....PLEASE add me:
    Vinny554

2. readie21

readie21 New Member

Dec 5, 2009
    I did this a while a go and it said it was already enabled but wasn't working anyway. I might disable it, save then re-enable it :confused:

3. Ajg3

Ajg3 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Lala Land
    Same for me it says enabled

4. Vinny554

Are you sure you hit Apply? Some people just click Enable and X it out thinking it saved. If not, try disconnecting your iPod from the network you have selected, then re-join. Idk. Guessin here.

5. hamstarz

hamstarz Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    I have a linksys, MCS was giving me the uPnp error so i checked my router settings and it was already enabled by default (newer model).

So then i disabled, and then reenabled it, and went back to MCS to try to create a game. This time, no UpNp error! Instead, the game crashed. FML

6. matgzx

matgzx Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Student - Musician - Tennis Player
    Bogota, Colombia
    Solution

I had this problem and I just solved it, go to the Linksys website and upgrade your router's firmware to the most recent one, I just did that and now it works!, hope this helps.

7. Vinny554

Yeah thats happening with everybody, myself included. This is rediculous.

8. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I wonder how you would do this to a Apple Airport Extreme?

9. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    is anybody emailing gameloft?
    it be good even if they just told us what ports their using, so i can take my iPod off DMZ.. damn no UPnP option

10. Vinny554

Im thinking about it but because of the rediculous crashing.

11. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    I found out my router doesn't support UPnP too :( Care to elaborate on DMZ? And I vaguely remember Asphalt 4 told us what ports needed to be opened.

12. Alienmario

Alienmario Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    gaming! lol
    idk udk
    They arent working today..

13. Vinny554

Hahahahha this is probably why.

14. noah21c

noah21c Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Can someone help me with my netgear. I don't have mc but for zombies it won't work. My connection works just fine on elimiate though.

15. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I'm using my MacBook's Airport. Frick.

16. Elkas

Elkas Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Does Anyone have a clue on how to do it on a Laptop Wifi Card?

I use my Laptop's Wifi Card to send Wifi Signals making an Ad-Hoc connection to my iPod, because I have LAN and no Wifi Router... lmao D:

17. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    it doesnt make sense.. why release a big update if all its gonna do is make things worse.. jeez i thought they tested their games before they released them. i guess i was wrong

just replace the word PS3 with iPhone
    http://www.cod4forums.com/index.php?showtopic=3460

18. Alienmario

Alienmario Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    gaming! lol
    idk udk
    it is caused cause a lot of users playing
    so they did not know

19. Elkas

Elkas Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I've just caught an unprotected Wifi Network from someone I don't know, and the Game connects, BUT, when I manage to get to the Lobby, the App Crashes...

Then, I caught another Wifi Network with lousey protection, this Time the App didn't Crash, but the Lobby was empty...

GEEZ I'm freaking out, I wanna play... I hope that NOVA won't have this lousey MP System :S

20. hamstarz

hamstarz Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    server overload is not an excuse for the game constantly crashing, the compatibility issues, etc.