iPhone 6 2013?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Hambo12, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
  2. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    For some reason it seems that every year people think it's going to go straight from 3 to 4 or 4 to 5 or 5 to 6.

There's going to be a 5 "S" or "G" or "X" or something next year. There's no reason to think otherwise at this point.

3. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    They can change, I'm 100 percent positive there not gonna be a iPad Mini "S" or iPod touch "S"

4. sweetdiss

Jun 15, 2009
    True, but we're talkin' about the iPhone. It's been pretty consistent the last few years. It's been going Big Upgrade, Small Upgrade, Big Upgrade, Small Upgrade for a while now, probably because of most carriers' 2 year contracts.

5. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Didn't think the rumour mill would start this early...

6. sweetdiss

Jun 15, 2009
    You greatly underestimate Apple fanboys!

7. dogface

dogface Well-Known Member

2012 is the last year of the iPhone. Next year Apple will release the iBrain. Removes the need for a device and is subscription based.

8. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Not really

9. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I would like one thing next year from Apple. A halfway decent itunes client for PCs. I thought Tim Cook was supposed to be a software guy?

I know people who have Macs with iTunes and iDevices, and they seem to have no problems whatsoever with iTunes.

As far as the phone goes, sure, there will be a slightly modified (at least) one. IPad Mini should get a better processor, at least. I wish they would have stuck to a 16:9 aspect ratio for the mini instead of shrinking the iPad. With the weaker processor an smaller screen, it might have been better suited to running apps optimised for the Iphone 5. Plus, as a former Kindle owner (I think the Kindle is 16:9), I know that the screen it has makes it perfect for one handed use (not to mention viewing movies in the now standard wide-screen format).

The Ipad would be due for a more major overhaul, but I dunno what. If patent issues aren't in play due to Microsoft Surface(and when aren't they), I would think a great addition to the "magic cover" would be an embedded keyboard.

I'm starting to wonder if Steve Job's death WILL be a factor in regards to Apple's innovation, product design, and simplicity of operation.

When you think about it, Apple has, in the past, only been successful when Steve was guiding it. And I'm no Apple "cultist". It's the truth. Sure, he nearly bankrupted Apple in his first stint, but he saved Apple from the same in his second.

All I know is it's tough being THE big dog in consumer electronics for a sustained period. My Sony Minidisc player (awesome, if only people knew...) could tell you if it could talk. It's sad seeing Palm die...Ipaqs were awesome (Compaq PDA's). Well, both of those were HP's fault. If you're going to fail, don't take down other companies with ya.