iPhone Trenches HD coming soon!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ThunderGameWorks, Jun 30, 2010.

1. ThunderGameWorks

ThunderGameWorks Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009
    We are proud to announce that Trenches HD, the iPad Specific Version to the popular game of Trenches of the iPhone with over 1.7 million downloads, will come to an AppStore near you!

We understand that our fans are eagerly anticipating an iPad specific version of Trenches and not some cheap port, so that is exactly what we are providing. Check out the screenshot below:

[​IMG]

How is this version adapted to the iPad?

Expanded Battlefield: The iPad has much more screen space than the iPhone so we have decided to expand the battlefield to increase the strategy, such as allowing units to flank and more!

Overhead Minimap: The overhead minimap that you can see at the top of the screen allows you to monitor and quickly respond to changing events on the battlefield! Tap on the map and the screen will zip you over to that location.

Military Adviser: Your military adviser can instruct you on strategies to employ or actons to take on the ver changing battlefield.

Action Feed: The action feed will inform you of specific events that take place on the battlefield, such as incoming artillery or the loss of a unit, such as a sniper. Tap on the feedback message to narrow in on the event.

2. iTouch.lover22

iTouch.lover22 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Wow looks awesome!!! How will this be priced?? I'm hoping it won't be far off the iPhone version, having so many iPad ports at crazy prices is becoming very annoying :p

3. oaqque

oaqque Well-Known Member

woah its like a whole new game

4. iTouch.lover22

iTouch.lover22 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Good to know that devs are finally understanding that mere iPhone ports aren't enough for players to repay :D

5. Jugger

Jugger Member

Jun 29, 2010
  6. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    This really looks like a war zone. I definitely like the simpleness of the game at first, but then it reveals strategy. If this has these new functions, will the iPhone & iPad be able to play in iPhone multiplayer together, or will iPhones only play iPhone versions & iPads play each other.

7. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

The iPhone version looks great on the iPad but I love how the field size is increased in the iPad version.

8. sidewinder12s

sidewinder12s Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Student
    USA
    Wow, this makes me wish I had an iPad

9. Mathieu914

Mathieu914 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Student
    Canada, Québec
    Yeah, same for me.

10. ThunderGameWorks

Nov 14, 2009
    Perhaps we will hold another iPad giveaway contest in honor of Trenches HD?

11. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    That would be fun, but this time make it something simpler and allow it to promote Trenches HD as well

12. quebecotr

quebecotr Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Male
    Retired teacher
    Milwaukee, WI
    I've got the iTouch version of this game, and it is one of my favorite apps. I'm really looking forward to playing the iPad version ! And if there's a chance of winning a second iPad, my wife will be a really happy camper !

I'll be watching for this to come out soon !

13. ThunderGameWorks

Nov 14, 2009
    Do you have any ideas or suggestions?

14. Zuriick

Zuriick Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Cheers on releasing this for iPad. I have yet to play trenches so I'm looking forward to this. Will this be dropping before or after stenches?

15. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    A F-ART CONTEST(Fan Art)!!!!

16. ThunderGameWorks

Nov 14, 2009
    It will be coming AFTER Stenches is released.

17. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    How about a video contest or something along the sorts,basically making a commercial itself for Trenches HD(It's not simpler I know)

18. Nausicaa

Nausicaa Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Amazing. While I'm getting slightly tired of rebuying all the classics from my iPhone (this, Spider, Samurai, etc.), it's amazing how much better they generally are, and I never feel cheated. This is one game I was hoping would be remade. I'm glad the developers have taken advantage of the larger screen and expanded the battlefield this way. Day one buy for me.

But please, don't put the letters 'HD' on the icon. It looks like crap and all these asymmetrical 'HD's on my home screenslook like crap. It's self evident that this will be higher resolution than than the iPhone version scaled up, and there's not going to be any non-'HD' variant on the iPad itself, so it's kind of pointless. Especially since the iPhone and iPad app stores have now been separated. Samurai, Broken Sword, and many other games do this, and it's just ugly, completely obscuring the icon for no reason at all.

19. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    I agree like, add + or XL, just something different.

20. Dosaidon

Dosaidon Member

Jul 9, 2010
    When i get an iPad I'm going to buy this right when it is released.