Chaos Rings: stuck in Purgatory

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ntblood, Dec 14, 2010.

1. ntblood

ntblood Member

Jun 17, 2009
    I would like to continue this game but gave up some time ago and still when I return to it I can't get out of this Purgatory map. I've done all the puzzles that I can tell and every time I get to the end of it it just puts me back at the beginning ??

I haven't found any guide or anything to help. I googled the keywords for any discussion and came up empty too.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

2. alchemistrpm

alchemistrpm Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Have you tried using your search engine?

3. ntblood

ntblood Member

Jun 17, 2009
    #3 ntblood, Dec 14, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
    "have you tried using your search engine" if by that you mean something like google which I mentioned I did, then yes (?) eg. gamefaqs nor ign have any walkthroughs.

The way seems blocked off with the "Warp Crystal" being sealed off with two chains. I just can't figure how to progress. I've been everywhere several times and the maze-like area brings me back to the beginning and all the random battles make it hard to search around.

4. alchemistrpm

Oct 13, 2010
    My apologies. I just assumed there was at least a couple FAQs out there but I turned up nothing either. That's surprising. :confused:

I played through the game but I don't recall specifically the area in which you're stuck. The map can be confusing, but you gotta try and use it. If you can't advance, then you definitely haven't been everywhere you can go in that area. There must be one last puzzle you haven't found yet.

5. ntblood

ntblood Member

Jun 17, 2009
    #5 ntblood, Dec 14, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
    ok, I was running from every battle and figuring out how it all connects together when I got lucky and headed down from the crystal you first appear next to in the level and that seemed to be what I was missing. Thanks for the advice.

You like eternal fantasy or chaos rings more?
    So, when you pick the world you enter you also designate the level range or difficulty you want the area ( eg. 11-20 lvl, etc.) it's been awhile since I played but that surprised me a little.

6. alchemistrpm

Oct 13, 2010
    Glad you found you're way around. On a side note, if you're lost and the random battles are bothersome, touch the "enc" button in the menu to turn encounters off.

7. ntblood

ntblood Member

Jun 17, 2009
    ok, thank you. good to know how to turn random battles off. they drive me insane sometimes. thank you