Game Developers Forum Access

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by gnizama_Mitch, Apr 7, 2009.

1. gnizama_Mitch

gnizama_Mitch Active Member

Mar 4, 2009
    Game Design
    California
    Apologies in advance for making a thread about this. I've followed the rules, and send at least 2 pm's regarding access to this forum.

Zandog, could you please check my PM and add my access if you can?

Again, sorry for having to make a thread about this, I guess I'm kind of getting tired of reading all the "I need a dev to make my game a reality" threads that are plaguing this site as of late.

2. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    Yeah Zandog, check your pm. I sent you one also.

What's up with BulletDev being in the group (correct me if I am wrong). The rules say "And have published a app on the app store" and BD has NOT done that. What happened?

Robert
    CEO, App Tech Studios

3. MrBlue

MrBlue Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    iPhone Developer
    I have 5 games in the app store since July and I was refused. Whatever, I figure no one really shares the best stuff anyway. That'd be like shooting yourself in the foot.

4. grid

grid Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2009
    iPhone Game Dev
    Minneapolis, MN
    I have also requested access, with no reply. I sort of figure it's some kind of old boy's-club in there.

A lot of folks hang out in #iphonedev on IRC. There are some really helpful people there. I'm looking at toucharcade as more of a promotion/marketing platform than an actual gamdev community.

5. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

For what it's worth there hasn't been a post in the forum for three days so it's not like you're missing anything substantial. I'm not sure who is responsible for giving access to the forum, but Arn is usually busy as hell. :p

6. allenp

allenp Member

Mar 8, 2009
    Information Architecture
    Hanover, NH
    So if people aren't talking there about iPhone game dev ... where is a forum that is talking about?

7. You're in it ;)

8. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    Dude! You are a mod and you (apparently) have access to the forum and you don't know that Zandog runs it? Whatever. Yah, we can't get in, but Bullet Dev with 0 (big ZIP) apps is in?

Time to go cry in my pillow, this is NOT a fair world. Oh well, there are much better forums for devs, so I will go there. This is great for marketing and talking about game though. :)