Sword & Sworcery help thread, OH DEAR GOD THE SPOILERS

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Videotape, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Bgd

Bgd Member

Mar 28, 2011
    I finally figured the bright moon out last night and its pretty bad game design if u ask me. Apparently there is an almost full moon and a completeltyfull moon. I kept assuming the almost full moon was just an artsy full moon.

2. Rasterico

Rasterico Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I done the same but it was cause I was rushing, no point in blaming the game for our impatience, if we had waited for a full cycle in the moon grotto we would have both realised our mistake.

3. proteusgr

proteusgr New Member

Mar 29, 2011
    It seems I managed to get to 75% without knowing two basic things:

1) Where is the grotto and how do I get there? I've found a locked door in side A but can't unlock it

2) Where is the "Hidden Grove where Guthrie used to hang out"? I know there is a place with the guitar guy and I've seen screenshots of it but ... can't find it!

...so here I am, having the gold+dark moon trigons, 4 out of 5 sprites for the bright moon trigon, and trying to google my way to a hidden grove but tough luck!

Any hints on finding Guthrie and the Grotto?

4. aurorajorealis

aurorajorealis Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Artist Liaison @Superbrothers
    Toronto
    Guthrie: He's on side B all the way to the bottom left. The sprite you are missing is there with him.
    Grotto: Hate to break it to you, but you have to fight the Boor to get the key, and you can't fight the Boor after you have broken apart the gigantic tree.

5. Sam_from_Texas

Sam_from_Texas New Member

Mar 29, 2011
    I think I'm at 34% which is where you fight the floating yellow triangle. I can lobby the energy balls just fine the first and second volleys and get the triangle to absorb them, but I die every time on the third ball/lightning/pattern. It's just too fast to catch it and return. Am I supposed to do something else? Or just get faster? If you've played this part PLEASE help. I've been stuck here for over a day. :mad:

6. aurorajorealis

Sep 23, 2010
    Toronto
    Hey Sam From Texas - for the third volley you need to watch for the shield prompt and tap the shield to dodge. Hope that helps!

7. Sam_from_Texas

Sam_from_Texas New Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Thanks a lot! I know what I'm supposed to do now. Maybe after a night of sleep my hand/eye coordination will return and I'll be able to do it :rolleyes:

8. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    #48 iphoneprogrammer, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
    I am currently at 9% on my iPhone and cannot seem to get the Megatome from the deer skull thing without dying. Any help would be truly appreciated.

EDIT: Beat it, great game so far. The music is really something else.

9. benfryc

benfryc Member

Jul 22, 2009
    How do I beat the first trigon?

Highlight:
    I already made it past the first two phases where you need to hit the orbs back at it (nice zelda reference). But the third one is just baffling. I just get hit over and over. Any hints?

10. aurorajorealis

Sep 23, 2010
    Toronto
    Benfryc - see my answer to Sam From Texas above - seems you are having the same issue.

11. guyver009

guyver009 Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Help Early On

There are three sprites you need to awaken.. correct? I found the sheep one, finished that.. found the one outside the hut, finished that. I cannot seem to awaken the third one? What am I missing?

12. benfryc

benfryc Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Thanks. Completely missed that!

13. bbpp83

bbpp83 New Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Okay so I'm in the final session. Just activated the last trigon beam, which is sent skyward. What. the. heck. am I supposed to do now. I'm at a total loss. (92% complete atm)

14. eightcell

eightcell New Member

Mar 29, 2011
    I just wanted to say thanks to all for the tips. The bug where you can't move forward if you are in front of the door/gate really had me for awhile.

I think I found a bug I haven't seen mentioned which allows you to easily defeat the Trigons.

I have an iPad 1 and am using the latest firmware. I eventually beat the first Trigon after a few tries. I had gotten to the second one and gotten very far but was killed. I put my iPad to sleep and when I came back to it later i woke up the Scythian and existed the game. I opened a few other "heavy" apps and when I went back to continue playing SB:S&S The Scythian was standing in front of the Trigon but then walked up to it and collected it as if I had beaten it. I felt a little robbed having not earned it but just as a test I did the same on the 3rd Trigon, getting as far as I could in the fight but ultimately dying then exiting the game and returning after opening some other apps... and it worked. When I re-entered the game it rewarded me with the 3rd Trigon. : /

15. proteusgr

proteusgr New Member

Mar 29, 2011
    #55 proteusgr, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2011

Thanks a lot for the tips, it really helped finish the game!

What an AWESOME game this was! I'm replaying it already and I can say, the second time you play it, the dialog takes a whole new meaning!!

Also, I didn't fight the Boor, but I did see him in the end, in the pyre, standing right there with Girl and Logfella. does he still show up if you fight him?

16. Rasterico

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    #56 Rasterico, Mar 30, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
    Ok, so I finished this last night but was wandering about the significance of the code at the end? I've read that it's a phone number that a few of our members here have rang but as I'm in the UK I'm reluctant to ring as I fear it would cost me a fortune! Is there any way I could listen to this message without calling the number given at the end? Anyway it could be uploaded somewhere so international users can experience this final piece of the puzzle without incurring an astronomical telephone bill? .

Edit: don't worry, someone kindly PM me and told me exactly what happens.

17. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    bookmarked

I'm going to play this as slowly as possible and suck out every minute of joy I can. The thread has been bookmarked and thank you to whomever created it. :D

18. Rasterico

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    #58 Rasterico, Mar 30, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
    Is it the one near the nest box that your'e struggling with? If so highlight the hidden text after this: I think there are 3 birds that fly around the screen on this puzzle and all you need to do is tap on them while singing the song of sworcery to awaken the sprite.

Hope this helps.

19. Greenwasthecolor

Greenwasthecolor New Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Stuck at 96%

I finished the game, but my progress is only 96%. I never did find the moon grotto, so is that what accounts for the other 4 percent? The boor always ran away when I got him down to 1 star, so I have no idea how to take care of him before the end of the game.

20. bbpp83

bbpp83 New Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Christ, finally found what I had to do. For people that get stuck on this painfully obvious (but also not at all) bit: Just raise your sword on the precipice.