My Little Pony by Gameloft

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Hambo12, Oct 16, 2012.

1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    He's probably just joking around. Rarely have I seen a mod be seriously obnoxious or put of line.

2. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    He did, but I asked him to stop, but he didn't so I took it to pm

3. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    #23 Pony, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
    Hhhhhhhhhhh.... Yaaaaaaay!
    ...too loud?

I for one, welcome our new pony overlords onto our mobile devices!
    Need for Speed Most Wanted surely will loose it's prime time and I'll probably spend most of my time on my iOS device building my own Ponyville!

Truly love the proper involvement of Gameloft doing proper work on this title (such as he fan service here and there) as they know that Hasbro, Lauren Faust, bronies and everypony else looking over their shoulder (in)directly pressuring them to not screw this up.

Well, at least in the art and music department from what I've seen so far.
    Obviously, this game will have it's typical Gameloft freemium model all over it. No problem and can totally live with that nor do I expect the world from this game. But it will be quite entertaining I am sure!

Probably not, but... would there be real voice work in there from some of our most beloved ladies?
    (Brony queen Tara Strong, singer in her own Canadian band Andrea Libman, and so on.)

4. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    So when is it coming? I'm gonna laugh if this beats dragonvale

5. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    The 8th of November aka this week! :D
    (What is Dragonvale?)

6. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Gameloft made you a account I'm guessing or you reallllllllly love a pony. You never heard of dragonvale wow... I'm shocked

7. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    #27 Pony, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
    Yes. I do love a pony. For 15 years now and she is my everything.
    I had this nick waaaaaay before this entire My Little Pony phenomenon let alone that Gameloft gave me this account. ;)

8. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    So give us a video lets see how it looks

9. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Official trailer:

10. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Random story: I was at a house party the other night (in Auckland), and ran into the interface designer for this game. I tell ya, he seemed pretty stoked about it. I must say I'm a little bit creeped out by a 20-something male who's super enthusiastic about ponies. Wadaya gonna do eh?

11. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    I am 30. :cool:

12. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Yeah, definitely too loud! haha that is one of my all-time favorite MLP scenes :D

Hhhhhhhhhhh....
    Yaaaaaaay! ...too loud? FIXED IT :)

I think this will suck like all Gameloft freemium games, but for the sake of it being an MLP game I'll at least try :) Hoping it'll have some voice acting from the real voice actors.

DragonVale meh. From what I've played it was just another freemium crap. It seems offly popular here though. And PONIES 4 LIFE BIAAATCHHH!

I'm 15. Problem?

13. They don't show the show in NZ (from what i've seen)...I'll get this anyway

14. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    My apologies. Still, I just don't get it. What's the appeal?

15. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Type in My Little Pony Season 1 Episode 1 and watch some episodes and you'll see :)

16. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    There better not be any G1 ponies in here.

17. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    fortunately nobody can be forced to download it :D

18. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    What do you mean g1?

19. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Generation 1.
    We are now up to Generation 4.
    There have been multiple resurrections by Hasbro and changed both the premise and art style by each iteration.
    Personally, I love the latest style (developed by Lauren Fast) the best.
    The earlier generations weren't really sophisticated or special animation wise, and that goes for the stories and character depth as well.

20. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    I am not him, just saying that I am a 30 year old male who is into the show as well. My apologies for the confusion.
    The appeal is entirely personal and varies from individual to individual.
    So this scenario will explain how I got into the whole ordeal: it started with avoiding it like with a neutral stance at first.
    Come on... a show for little girls? Sure, I am an equine rider / lover but that wasn't enough to win me over.
    More and more (male) friends around me got into it and out of pure principle that made me ignore it even more.
    But after a few months I reached a breaking point and finally gave in to see what all the darn fuss was all about.

After watching the pilot, it seems I was mistaken about this show.
    What I remember from My Little Pony (even though I never watched it) is that it's filled with one dimensional characters not really do anything apart from having tea parties every single episode.
    This doesn't seem to be the case for the pilot I watched. Apart from the amazing direction in art (both visual and audio) it was well written and properly voice acted. The characters actually got presented in such a way as to indicate they are all but one dimensional with growth and development in mind.
    The curiosity to see if it could keep this momentum and even get better further on made me watch more and more episodes.

To my big surprise the characters do actually develop and show more and more layers for each of the six individuals. The show actually matures further on, yet remains compatible for the younger audiences.
    It has a few in jokes that are related to the fandom, but also has tons and tons of movie references left and right. And I don't mean suggestive ones either, but actual confirmed references.
    2001: A Space Odyssey? Check. The Big Lebowski? Check. Just to name a few well known examples.
    So even though the stories are kept simple, there is tons of content and too much going on for little girls to comprehend. Especially when it comes to the complexity and the growth of the six main characters.